• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel No-Prize

27 posts in this topic

Cool Greggy. Did you "earn" that or was it a gift or bought. Thanks, I was more interested in hearing if any of you nerds ever wrote in because you noticed a "hole" in a story or some other discrepancy in a comic and whether your letter was responded to in the letter pages. Mainly I'd like to hear any stories on the subject.

I wrote in to Daredevil once, I forget the issue but the villain was The Bengal on the cover and for some reason while reading the book I was irked that DD called him the Bengal though his name was never said and I was pretty sure the two had never met before. It seemed fake to me that DD would be calling him the Bengal. I basically wrote in to complain about that, though I forget the reasoning I had for Daredevil knowing his name, as you had to give an explanation to cover the blunder made by the writer. I remember my reasoning behind DD knowing the villains name was really weak. I regretted sending that letter almost immediately.

I wrote to Penthouse one time claiming that their stories NEVER true, and that hookers cost waayyyy more than what they stated. They never replied nor did they refund my lifetime subscription fee. Sales thread cumming up shortly.

lol Uhmmm...it's all true What are you doing wrong? :baiting:

Back in '68 I was very active buying Marvel's and trying to get letters printed. It was a great time to be a marvel fan. Marvel was unique in that it really communicated with it's fans. I got 5 of the blue reply letters that Flo sent out and each one I got was special

marvel1vx0.jpg:golfclap:

amrvel2ag6.jpg:golfclap:

I also was the owner of 3 Marvel No-Prizes and one of them in a near mint "white" 9.9 condtion.

scan0004hv9.jpg

:cloud9:

I don't remember each letter, but back then my concentration was on Spider-Man and Fantastic Four.

Regardless they are priceless.

WEBHEAD

Back in '68 I was very active buying Marvel's and trying to get letters printed. It was a great time to be a marvel fan. Marvel was unique in that it really communicated with it's fans. I got 5 of the blue reply letters that Flo sent out and each one I got was special

I also was the owner of 3 Marvel No-Prizes and one of them in a near mint "white" 9.9 condtion.

scan0004hv9.jpg

I don't remember each letter, but back then my concentration was on Spider-Man and Fantastic Four.

WEBHEAD

Wow! (worship)

Very cool...you really were quite the fanboy, and it is awesome that you kept that stuff.

There is a comic store in Vegas that advertises in the yellow pages, 2 time no prize winner and a member of MMMS. I dropped by his store and sure enough, he has them framed on the wall. I will scan the ad and pop it into this thread later today.

I've been there, too --- it's Cosmic Comics on E. Tropicana, as I recall. I remember being very tempted by a low-grade AF #15 he had on his wall for $1250. Nice guy, and a decent little shop.

Here is the yellow page ad, had to go, 3 time no prize winner.

cosmiccomics.jpg

The guys was super nice but I struggled to find anything worth buying. Picked up a decent copy of FF79.

scan0004hv9.jpg

WEBHEAD

Wow! (worship)

Very cool...you really were quite the fanboy, and it is awesome that you kept that stuff.

Cool indeed, shows that you are not some Johnny come lately comic collector. Yer a no-prize magnet!