• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK sub-forum for forum sales?

Is it a good idea to add regional sub-forums to forum sales?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea to add regional sub-forums to forum sales?

33 posts in this topic

For those cheaper books, you know? Like if I had a run of ASM 400-441 I wanted to offload. There's no point in my offering a run like that to US boardies, as the shipping costs would dwarf the actual cost of the books.

I see US boardies exchanging piles of $1 books all the time, and I'd love to join in (both buying and selling) but could only realistically do so with others in the UK.

Sure, I could post in the sales forum and say UK ONLY! CHEAP BOOKS!, but the thread would soon be buried by the no-doubt livelier US and international threads.

I've had lots of fun buying and selling more expensive books in the forum. Now I'd like to offload some cheaper stuff.

What do you think? Would a UK sub-forum be a good idea? Or maybe a European sub-forum? And other regions too, of course, if there is a demand.

Wait, maybe I should do one of those poll things....

If it ain't broke...

I'd just PM any U.K. boardies who might be interested that a Britcentric sales thread is coming up in the marketplace. There aren't that many of us...

Can do, can do. But still, modern runs, TPBs and low grade bronze aren't really exciting enough to PM people about. On the other hand, if there was a UK sub-forum I'd always give it a look when I logged in. I often see cheap stuff for sale that I would pick up if not for the transatlantic shipping.

If we had the sub-forum, offerings would stay there for quite a while (since traffic would be relatively slow).

If you get one, the Belgians demand one too :sumo:

What? All one of you? (shrug)

And I'd love to see what a Belgian 'demand' looks like.

:whistle:

A bit like a Swiss one, but a tad more opinionated :juggle:

I guess you're right. It's just that I've got a few longboxes of fat I'd like to trim (poor choice of words perhaps!) and I so much prefer the feeless forum method to ebay.

I'll take most of that run of ASM 400-441 for a buck a piece off your hands (shrug)

I think Canucks, a larger sub-group on the forum, should get one ahead of you Brits. :sumo:

Sadly, I agree with JC. We Brits are few and the Canuckleheads are many. Also, like Nick said, the few Brits that there are probably aren't going to have many customers for big lots of cheap comics among us. :sorry:

It's a good idea

in fact, we should have one just for Northerners :cloud9:

it's grim up North :shy:

Yeah, they take no prisoners in North Belgium... :P

Like we use the points of the compass over here lol ...We use "straight on and if you reach France (Holland, England or Luxemburg) you turn back a little" :sumo:

It's a good idea

in fact, we should have one just for Northerners :cloud9:

it's grim up North :shy:

Yeah, they take no prisoners in North Belgium... :P

Like we use the points of the compass over here lol ...We use "straight on and if you reach France (Holland, England or Luxemburg) you turn back a little" :sumo:

Gotta love Belgium. Small even compared to England, flat, they don't particularly hate the English, they all speak English, and the food, beer and chocolate are bloody great.