• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 08 Portacio/Williams X-Men 289

13 posts in this topic

:o I just saw your website. I was going to congratulate you on your pick up but sheesh! This is a like a drop in the bucket!!!

Impressive to say the least!

Thanks! Actually, haven't updated that site in over a year. I may ultimately move everything over to CAF. I have the 2007 and 2008 acquisitions on CAF as it is.

Glad you like the cover. Even though I paid "a lot", it seems like a bargain compared to other stuff out there.

Hey buddy, I didn't realize you were into collecting romance covers now!! Whatever floats your boat, I guess! :blush:lol:baiting:

Nice pick-up! :applause:

Gene

Well, since you keep buying all the Fabio paperbook covers, I had to settle for second best ;)

Interestingly, this cover has more 'views' within the short time period that I posted it, and already 10 comments. Looks like I'm not the only sap out there! Seriously, though, this was a very well remembered cover. Simple images on black or white backgrounds are always highly collected and remembered.

Well, since you keep buying all the Fabio paperbook covers, I had to settle for second best ;)

Interestingly, this cover has more 'views' within the short time period that I posted it, and already 10 comments. Looks like I'm not the only sap out there! Seriously, though, this was a very well remembered cover. Simple images on black or white backgrounds are always highly collected and remembered.

No surprises there -- if there's one thing I've learned in my short time collecting -- it's follow what Hari buys. Hari has an uncanny (pun intended) ability to predict the market. He just seems to have a sixth sense about where collectors interests are veering next.

No surprises there -- if there's one thing I've learned in my short time collecting -- it's follow what Hari buys. Hari has an uncanny (pun intended) ability to predict the market. He just seems to have a sixth sense about where collectors interests are veering next.

Awful nice of you to say, David. I just follow my heart (and eyes).

Hi everyone,

This was the only thing I picked up at SDCC this year. Spent the majority of the time hanging out with friends.

Love this cover....

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=411775&GSub=57959

I really enjoyed the Whilce Portacio run as well and his run represents the end of my initial comic collecting foray from childhood to college (Hari and I are probably close the same age). I seem to remember people at the time were mixed (calling him a Lee clone etc), but if you consider the art that came after this in Uncanny I think Whilce might actually represent the final era where the book was even remotely good for story and art. JR Jr would take over next during his Sienkiewicz period if memory serves and it was all down hill from there.

Great cover Hari (thumbs u