• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you prefer the older cgc labels?

Which style of CGC labels do you prefer  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which style of CGC labels do you prefer

28 posts in this topic

maybe CGC will read this and listen to us.

No. They want collectors to correlate "number" grading with "CGC."

It's all part of their big image/marketing strategy.

And it'll work.

Done Deal.

Rick

Seems pointless since OS is the industry standard that CGC should be following.....Gawd...this seems like deja-vu all over again... foreheadslap.gif

The older labels are much better. In 20 years from now who knows what the numerical system will be, heck they may go back to the 100 point scale again. But a NM will always be a NM. A 9.4 on a 100 point scale would be a fair +. 27_laughing.gif. Leaving the letter grade off the labe was a BIG freakin mistake! dumb dumb dumb!

Timely

Couldn't agree more... but I can see CGC's rationale for this move... Imagine that 2 years from now the 100-point grading system is in full swing. You've got a pricey book with the old *numeric only* 9.4 on it. You're going to re-slab it so that it reads "94" (or hopefully 95 or 96) and doesn't confuse newer collectors. It's just adding to the existing reasons to re-slab. Let's count 'em off now:

Reasons to re-submit a book:

- attempt to get a higher grade

- it's 7-year check-up time!

- the old numeric only 9.4 is confounding to newer collectors

I prefer the current 24 point system versus a 100 point system. I think the 100 point system would leave too much for margin of error. Just a small margin of error like a point could dramatically affect the value of your comic.

popcorn.gif