• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer 1 (SOLD)

23 posts in this topic

I think I got hosed on this one! meh

I'd say you are right... :(

I never said shipping was included. Both people posted the sign, I went with the one that wasn't qualified. (shrug)

Sorry if I stepped on any toes, guess my listing wasn't clear enough. Comicgrinder can take 10% off the next book he buys from me to make up for it.

I think I got hosed on this one! meh

How do you figure? All I see is you trying to set terms and a conditional :takeit:.

October is well within his right to sell to the offer that matches his terms.

There could have been more information in the OP but it should be implied initially that shipping is not included in the quoted price unless noted otherwise.

The first buyer qualified his Takeit, the next buyer did not. If I'm the seller, I take the unqualified, unconditional offer. If first buyer really wanted the book, he shouldn't have conditioned the sale on not paying shipping as extra to the book....

My 2c

Damn! I agree, you never said shipping was not included either, so you should have given Comicgrinder the option of paying shipping before giving the book to Silverweb, IMHO. (thumbs u

Sorry, I don't.

October was right...shipping is presumed never included if the seller doesn't mention it.

That's why a lot of seller explicitly state price : $$$ shipped.

Most sellers also realize that the boards have become a lot more international over the last few years and put price : $$$$ US shipping included (with comparable discount for foreign orders).

If a seller puts "shipping included" I also don't presume it means "world wide shipping"

Comigrinder had all the right in the world to submit an offer of $250 shipping included (which I have done as well) but as long as the seller doesn't take it, the book is still for sale if someone pops the unconditional BIN.

It's all part of the game...you really want a book and are scared someone will get it before you ? Pop the BIN. If you want a better deal, submit an offer with the danger of losing the book, but also with a decent chance you'll save a few bucks.

Make it $250 shipped paypal :takeit:

This should actually have been sent as a PM, not posted in the thread. I don't feel negotiations should be done in a thread. That's why people post "PM sent" in threads....just my personal take on the situation.

This requires the seller to accept the offer & is not a binding sale until then.

Shoot, I will pay the $250 plus the shipping

:takeit:

This is a legitimate I'll take it at the seller's terms binding sale.

End of story!

This requires the seller to accept the offer & is not a binding sale until then.

Shoot, I will pay the $250 plus the shipping

:takeit:

This is a legitimate I'll take it at the seller's terms binding sale.

I would agree with this post. I would also say October is one of the best sellers on the boards.