• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you say to this?

7 posts in this topic

I asked a quesiton about THIS auction, and all the other nice stuff he had on (low feedback, very dodgy!). No reply, guessed it was a scam. Then today, I receive this email:

To all the people who emailed re the comics:

I was selling the comics on behalf of a friend and when he failed to answer

his phone for several days I became concerned and called the police. He was

found dead on Monday. Since he has no relatives I am not sure what will be

happening to the comics (over 2000 of them).

I apologise for not replying sooner.

I have kept your email on file and when the estate has been sorted perhaps

they will come available again.

I will certainly contact you if they do although these things usually take

some months to clear up.

Regards John

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Kev, I saw these as well - our deceased friend was selling X-Men 94 and Giant Size 1 from beyond the grave too.

Not sure why "John" can't still sell them though. Afterall, I'm sure there's now some major slabbing to be funded...

Not the old "selling on behalf of a friend who went quiet and when I called the police it turned out he'd died but I'll contact you in a few months and maybe we'll do a deal then" one. Won't these people ever learn ???

Didn't they just finally sentence someone else over the Green River killings ?

Maybe Kev's seller will only target people who own the books. Watch it Kevin, do you really want to have copies from the 'Psycho Axe Murderer Pedigree', 9.6+ apart for the occassional slice mark ? crazy.gif

Didn't they just finally sentence someone else over the Green River killings ?

Maybe Kev's seller will only target people who own the books. Watch it Kevin, do you really want to have copies from the 'Psycho Axe Murderer Pedigree', 9.6+ apart for the occassional slice mark ? crazy.gif

I can just see the new 'qualified' CGC label now... I believe red is once again available as a primary label color? devil.gif