• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is all the Batman art?

11 posts in this topic

Not sure how much GA stuff actually survived. I have seen some here and there. Jerry Robinson still has some of his classic GA Detective cover art along with some other GA classics. I can tell you that I had a really hard time finding good quality Joker covers and splashes from any period especially for a character that has appeared as often as he has. I was recently able to take care of the Joker with 2 pieces, but outside of those 2 there were only 2 other Joker pieces that had even caught my attention at all.

I am familiar with Robinson's collection. Considering the volume of Batman art produced since the Golden Age I scratch my head wondering why I haven't seen more. Where, even, are all the Bronze Age Aparo covers?

Not sure how much GA stuff actually survived. I have seen some here and there. Jerry Robinson still has some of his classic GA Detective cover art along with some other GA classics. I can tell you that I had a really hard time finding good quality Joker covers and splashes from any period especially for a character that has appeared as often as he has. I was recently able to take care of the Joker with 2 pieces, but outside of those 2 there were only 2 other Joker pieces that had even caught my attention at all.

I am familiar with Robinson's collection. Considering the volume of Batman art produced since the Golden Age I scratch my head wondering why I haven't seen more. Where, even, are all the Bronze Age Aparo covers?

Appart from that guy on CAF that has many Aparo Batman pages (almost all of them from a single issue of Detective Comics), there's not a lot available...

Why is there so little quality Batman art from the Golden Age through Silver Age (and really the Bronze age too) ever offered for sale? Who's hoarding all the Batman art!

A friend of mine owns some Neal Adams BATMAN pages. If you're seriously interested and willing to pay competitive prices, I can make discreet enquiries for you. PM me and I'll ask.

Why is there so little quality Batman art from the Golden Age through Silver Age (and really the Bronze age too) ever offered for sale? Who's hoarding all the Batman art!

A friend of mine owns some Neal Adams BATMAN pages. If you're seriously interested and willing to pay competitive prices, I can make discreet enquiries for you. PM me and I'll ask.

The Neal Adams "niche" is not a market in which I neccessarily want to compete. But at least we see Adams Batman art from time to time.