• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just read Hulk #5

35 posts in this topic

There is no doubt that he's a second tier character. A lot of characters they tout as monthly should probably not be.

I like the Planet Hulk idea. It doesn't matter that he kills characters because they are alien. They can randomly create villians to combat him that are similar in power levels. In the Marvel Universe, on earth, there's not much they can do with him.

I'm really hoping the revelation that some other off-world Planet Hulk aliens are on earth will turn into something good. Maybe his own kingdom on earth and puts him at odds with other heroes and villians.

Pat

The reboot of Hulk has been irritating me to no end. I am an owner of every Hulk comic, appearance and magazine since 1962's Hulk 1. I feel like I am forced to buy this garbage to keep my collection going. To top it off, the Hulk was argueably at his best ever with Planet Hulk followed by WWH, then Marvel:

1. Takes Hulk from his regular title and gives it to a second tier character Hercules

2. Makes Hulk into a once every 2 months book utterly destroying all the momentum

3. Makes the Hulk red? Huh? We do have a movie coming out this year guys...why make him red now?

4. Makes the "dumb" Hulk return. ( dumb Hulk is tired...we had 30 years of it )

5. Kill the Abomination, then in the same book turns Rick Jones into a new Abomination HUH?

6. present a very formulaic book each time they actually come out( Red Hulk fights someone and beats them, last panel have next foe show up. repeat.)

7. Also brought back the Banner mind controlled Hulk ( yep, see latest Fantastic Four ) HUH?

8. Has the Green "dumb" Hulk call the red one "red Hulk". Sorry, the Hulk we all know would never refer to someone else as Hulk, he would call this guy Red man. to quote my green friend: " Hulk is Hulk!"

need I go on? Horribly written book.

Hey Marvel, want to hire me as a writer? I guarantee I can do better. :P

Artboy99

I like this red Hulk he is a shrewd little . I didnt have too much of a fit over him beating up Thor. I thought it should have been a little more even, but the guy did his homework. Thor is used to fighting fair this guy doesnt. He is dirty and I like it.

:devil:

I agree with this, but he didnt have to be Red. Our good old Green guy could be doing this instead which is what all Hulk fans wanted to see. He came back to Earth to kick some , let's see it happen.

Instead we get some red man, who can break the Hulk's arm and treat Thor like a rag doll dance around. He isn't the Hulk, let's stop calling him that.

I worried that they would do something stupid like down play Thor's strength but when I saw the cover preview for issue #6 a few weeks back I knew this was coming. They started out with a good idea but stretched it over too many issues, had the lame meter working over time with stuff like the Abomination getting killed by a gun, oh c'mon. How will they explain that the Red Hulk looks exactly the same as the real Hulk, is the Zom enity that Doc Strange released part of this storyline? At least issue #4 finally had some action but lets see how this arc wraps up.

I worried that they would do something stupid like down play Thor's strength but when I saw the cover preview for issue #6 a few weeks back I knew this was coming. They started out with a good idea but stretched it over too many issues, had the lame meter working over time with stuff like the Abomination getting killed by a gun, oh c'mon. How will they explain that the Red Hulk looks exactly the same as the real Hulk, is the Zom enity that Doc Strange released part of this storyline? At least issue #4 finally had some action but lets see how this arc wraps up.

I took the Red Hulk and use of a gun to mean that they had no original, well thought out ideas for this run, and the Thor battle just proved it. I was hoping for something good & got drek. I'm giving it 4-5 more issues & dropping it if I don't see improvement. :wishluck:

I do like the new Thor series though. I know it's going slowly, but I fell more confident they'll do it right. (thumbs u

Going to have to pick up issue #5 over the weekend and yes the Thor series is finally picking up steam but I don't like how they handled his relanch either. Asgard on earth is just plain dumb, Loki a woman meh , the art is sketchy (Thor's triangle shaped jaw looks silly). Way too much explaining to do and at this pace you wonder if they ever will get around to it.

Can someone explain why the last artist on Thor (DiVito) who I thought was very good, is not working on another Marvel series (or at least I don't think he is). Perhaps they dumped him after he screwed up on the last Ragnarok series and Issue #85 shows "issue 4 of 6" when it was actually "5 of 6", whoops.

Going to have to pick up issue #5 over the weekend and yes the Thor series is finally picking up steam but I don't like how they handled his relanch either. Asgard on earth is just plain dumb, Loki a woman meh , the art is sketchy (Thor's triangle shaped jaw looks silly). Way too much explaining to do and at this pace you wonder if they ever will get around to it.

Can someone explain why the last artist on Thor (DiVito) who I thought was very good, is not working on another Marvel series (or at least I don't think he is). Perhaps they dumped him after he screwed up on the last Ragnarok series and Issue #85 shows "issue 4 of 6" when it was actually "5 of 6", whoops.

You're right about DiVito. He definitely should be working on one of the Marvel titles.

I will give em this bout the Red Hulk experience. The art has been jumpin off the page on much of the issues. I didn't think I'd dig it at first, but it's been enough to keep me buying. The writing? hm Eh, not as much.

Originally Posted By: The Resurrection
 Originally Posted By: steveout22
Seriously Thor with Odinforce is mid-level cosmic, I read the issue today while standing up in the local comic shop(didn't pay for it). Thats just Marvel, when they want to play a character off as wimpy he's wimpy, when they want him to be superman, he's superman. They do that so much they should run a wimpy series where wimpy Thor squares off against wimpy Spider-Man, and the winner gets to fight wimpy...

Pretty much. They really dropped the ball on this issue. And OG Pat is right this book just hasnt delivered. I think I will have to drop this soon..

Pat-

Yeah, I was on the fence whether or not I was going to renew my sub - but this *spoon* combined with the nearly two month wait between issues pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Bye-bye green guy (even though he has only really made one full appearance so far, and in the "hulk smash/retarded" version of himself...give me Mr. Fixit anyday)

(shrug) i love fixit too, id love to see a mini or somethin mess hulk has been consistently for a long time i can deal with a bump in the road.

The reboot of Hulk has been irritating me to no end. I am an owner of every Hulk comic, appearance and magazine since 1962's Hulk 1. I feel like I am forced to buy this garbage to keep my collection going. To top it off, the Hulk was argueably at his best ever with Planet Hulk followed by WWH, then Marvel:

1. Takes Hulk from his regular title and gives it to a second tier character Hercules

2. Makes Hulk into a once every 2 months book utterly destroying all the momentum

3. Makes the Hulk red? Huh? We do have a movie coming out this year guys...why make him red now?

4. Makes the "dumb" Hulk return. ( dumb Hulk is tired...we had 30 years of it )

5. Kill the Abomination, then in the same book turns Rick Jones into a new Abomination HUH?

6. present a very formulaic book each time they actually come out( Red Hulk fights someone and beats them, last panel have next foe show up. repeat.)

7. Also brought back the Banner mind controlled Hulk ( yep, see latest Fantastic Four ) HUH?

8. Has the Green "dumb" Hulk call the red one "red Hulk". Sorry, the Hulk we all know would never refer to someone else as Hulk, he would call this guy Red man. to quote my green friend: " Hulk is Hulk!"

need I go on? Horribly written book.

Hey Marvel, want to hire me as a writer? I guarantee I can do better. \:p

Artboy99

:applause::takeit: :applause:I was especially mad about the title (the one i was subscribing to (shrug) ) just changed and i had to buy a different book to have hulk :frustrated:. Its like marvel says "alright i have you down for 1 hulk sir, here you go here's your Hercules comic can i interest you in a Hulk book?" If they wanted to take the hulk series in a whole new direction thats cool but its all ZOMG first issuezzzzzz zzz