• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just read Hulk #5

35 posts in this topic

:sick:

Did Loeb even bother to read a basic synopsis of the current Thor book?

Thor presently is in possession of the Odinforce...do you really think the new red uber-hulk is gonna be able to handle his like a punk? What kind of mess is this???

This is the second to last issue of my subscription - I came on board with the gladiator and WWHulk story lines only to be severely let down...

F U Loeb, F U current Marvel...you arse's can't even carry continuity between titles anymore...

Let me guess, when old Red makes an appearance in Thor's book next month, Thor will kick the mess out of him right?

Give me a in' break...losers...

F U Marvel. :mad:

Thor presently is in possession of the Odinforce...do you really think the new red uber-hulk is gonna be able to handle his like a punk? What kind of mess is this???

This is the second to last issue of my subscription - I came on board with the gladiator and WWHulk story lines only to be severely let down...

F U Loeb, F U current Marvel...you arse's can't even carry continuity between titles anymore...

Let me guess, when old Red makes an appearance in Thor's book next month, Thor will kick the mess out of him right?

doh!

Ouch. But seriously, though, isn't the Hulk supposed to get stronger with his rage? Couldn't he take on Thor then? Is this Thor a Skrull imposter?

Seriously Thor with Odinforce is mid-level cosmic, I read the issue today while standing up in the local comic shop(didn't pay for it). Thats just Marvel, when they want to play a character off as wimpy he's wimpy, when they want him to be superman, he's superman. They do that so much they should run a wimpy series where wimpy Thor squares off against wimpy Spider-Man, and the winner gets to fight wimpy...

Seriously Thor with Odinforce is mid-level cosmic, I read the issue today while standing up in the local comic shop(didn't pay for it). Thats just Marvel, when they want to play a character off as wimpy he's wimpy, when they want him to be superman, he's superman. They do that so much they should run a wimpy series where wimpy Thor squares off against wimpy Spider-Man, and the winner gets to fight wimpy...

Pretty much. They really dropped the ball on this issue. And OG Pat is right this book just hasnt delivered. I think I will have to drop this soon..

Pat-

Regardless if Thor is underpowered I have been enjoying this series.

Have you seen the Avengers animated movie? I watched it with my kids (3 and 4) this past weekend and they thought Thor was a girl for the longest time. It did not help that some of the other characters asked "who is that chick with the hammer" at one point in the show. Maybe this is the reason? lol

:jokealert:

Regardless if Thor is underpowered I have been enjoying this series.

Have you seen the Avengers animated movie? I watched it with my kids (3 and 4) this past weekend and they thought Thor was a girl for the longest time. It did not help that some of the other characters asked "who is that chick with the hammer" at one point in the show. Maybe this is the reason? lol

:jokealert:

Yep I have seen them. We where actually discussing that animated movie in the red hulk spoiler thread and the fact that the green hulk has beaten Thor on multiple occasions including that movie.

Pretty much. They really dropped the ball on this issue. And OG Pat is right this book just hasnt delivered. I think I will have to drop this soon..

Pat-

Yeah, I was on the fence whether or not I was going to renew my sub - but this combined with the nearly two month wait between issues pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Bye-bye green guy (even though he has only really made one full appearance so far, and in the "hulk smash/retarded" version of himself...give me Mr. Fixit anyday)

I was going to drop at #6 regardless if its good or not. That way have a completed story section and if the series goes into the 100"s these first books may be worth a few bucks.

Pat-

Yeah, I was on the fence whether or not I was going to renew my sub - but this combined with the nearly two month wait between issues pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Bye-bye green guy (even though he has only really made one full appearance so far, and in the "hulk smash/retarded" version of himself...give me Mr. Fixit anyday)

The Mr. Fixit run is the only Hulk run I actually bought off the stands. It was classic! I loved the Wolverine/Patch x-over. (thumbs u

I do not mean to stir things up (unlike the Goblin/Gwen stuff :devil:), but I think the main problem with the Hulk is that he is a second tier character that Marvel treats as a top tier (X-Men & Spidey) property. IMHO, they would be better off keeping the Hulk as a guest star and popping up in mini-series every so often. Less is more with him, just like the Punisher. Even though I thought the Mr. Fixit hulk storyline was great, it was difficult to keep going month to month.

Another possible solution is to turn the Hulk into a villain for a while. It sounds like it worked with the whole Planet Hulk event (is there a TPB that collects it all?) last year so maybe they should keep him as a bad guy fighting the other heros for a bit.

I pretty much agree with what Kimik has said, after I finished reading ALL the WWH books and x-overs I thought it was time to let him rest for a while. There is only so much you can do with a character that is basically as limited as he is and they've done it all.

Give it some time until a creative team who really cares about the guy begs to be put on it with some great new ideas (shrug)2c