• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lorenzo Semple Jr. (Batman TV Writer) at LA Comic Book & Sci Fi Con August 17

20 posts in this topic

HOLY BATMANIA! LORENZO SEMPLE JR. is a major part of BATMAN history, developing the BATMAN TV Series as well as being Executive Story Editor, and writing eight episodes (including the first Hi Diddle Riddle) and the 1966 BATMAN Movie. LORENZO also wrote several Movies, many of which are considered cult classics, such as KING KONG (1976), FLASH GORDON (1980), and NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN (1983 Sean Connery James Bond Movie). LORENZO will be appearing at the LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION on AUGUST 17, 2008 to sign autographs from 12:00 P.M.-2:00 P.M.

MIKE MAYHEW is an artist with a photo realism style of painting, and his work has been featured on the covers of SHE HULK, MYSTIQUE, THE PULSE, VAMPIRELLA, and ZORRO. MIKE is doing both the cover and interior art for the one shot August release X-MEN ORIGIN: JEAN GREY, and he will be signing autographs all day. MIKE will also be doing sketches and selling original art at reasonable rates.

ROBERT AXELROD starred as the voice of LORD ZEDD in the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS TV Series and Movies. ROBERT has also done voice work for many anime Movies and TV Series, including the original ROBOTECH TV Series (as RICO), DIGIMON, and COWBOY BEBOP. ROBERT makes his first West Coast Convention appearance to sign autographs all day.

The LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION takes place at the Shrine Auditorium Expo Center, located at 700 West 32nd Street, right across the street from USC College. Admission is only $8.00, five years and under are free. Premium Admission is $20.00 and includes FULL SIZE MOVIE POSTERS from THE DARK KNIGHT (Bat Bike version) and STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS. A large Dealer's Room full of Comic Books, Anime Merchandise, Toys, and other Collectables is also featured. Call (818) 954-8432 or check www.comicbookscifi.com for more information.

Ask him if it's true he accidentally shot his brother when they were kids.

A while back his brother, Church Semple, worked with my mother. He told this anecdote about them finding their dad's gun and playing with it, only it was loaded and Lorenzo put a bullet in Church's middle.

I have no idea if this is true. It's quite possible that Church was full of it. I was a teenager, and Church must have been in his 70s. When he let slip that his brother wrote the Flash Gordon film (which I was a big fan of) I pestered him for stories and that's the main one I remember.

As I said, may well be BS! (shrug)

Originally Posted By: MikeS
I'll have a booth there - selling toys/action figures. Stop by and say hi! I'm usually near the center of the place.... "Mike's Comics N Stuff".
Need a good helper at your booth?

Hmmm....Thanks very much for the offer, but I'll be honest and say it's not usually that busy - I mean it's no San Diego con. I used to drag bring my wife to the show to help out, but she would get bored pretty quick. It was actually dangerous to my wallet as I could then leave the booth and spend all my profits buying comics... There's an initial rush of people, but after that it's really manageable.

Anyone? Send me a PM if you want to meet for lunch tomorrow. I'll also wait at the entrance at around noon.

Dang that convention was so dead, I should have just left my booth and went to lunch with you.... :/

Too close to San Diego con, I guess.....