• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33 ASM #33 9.9 LOL

164 posts in this topic

Sneaky and underhanded? Did you examine the comic?

Was the TOS 39 sold on eBay last week CGC 7.5, bought one month before on eBay as a CGC 6.0 sneaky and underhanded?

What's that got to do with the question at hand, Danny? (shrug)

The usual diversionary tactics, is what. They're like one ing huge fingerprint, my friend. Smoke and mirrors.

Concentrate, now, concentrate...and keep repeating. 'I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subje...'

What diversioanry tactics? You're intimating that I should CGC guarantee my grades.Which sellers do this? I'm intimating that a flawless restored comic can get a 9.4 if a 6.0 can go to a 7.5 inside of a month.

Calling me Danny doesn't at all confuse the issue.

The subject at hand is Dusrob's false charges that he bought 8 comics from me that were all returned purple labeled. They should have been. They were all listed as restored.

I guess I am wrong then, I was unaware you sold a 9.9 restored copy as well. I confused the two books as the same. I am sorry for the confusion!

In the listing, I clearly remember writing, This is a different comic than the unrestored one listed last week, and I even gave the listing number so scans could be compared to avoid any iota of confusion. They may still be available online, I haven't looked yet.

Was the TOS 39 sold on eBay last week CGC 7.5, bought one month before on eBay as a CGC 6.0 sneaky and underhanded?

The usual diversionary tactics, is what. They're like one ing huge fingerprint, my friend. Smoke and mirrors.

Concentrate, now, concentrate...and keep repeating. 'I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subject at hand. I will stick to the subje...'

What diversioanry tactics? You're intimating that I should CGC guarantee my grades.Which sellers do this? I'm intimating that a flawless restored comic can get a 9.4 if a 6.0 can go to a 7.5 inside of a month.

The subject at hand is Dusrob's false charges that he bought 8 comics from me that were all returned purple labeled. They should have been. They were all listed as restored.

can you read? he said 3 books!

I guess I am wrong then, I was unaware you sold a 9.9 restored copy as well. I confused the two books as the same. I am sorry for the confusion!

In the listing, I clearly remember writing, This is a different comic than the unrestored one listed last week, and I even gave the listing number so scans could be compared to avoid any iota of confusion. They may still be available online, I haven't looked yet.

Here are the comics once again that Dusrob purchased:

170236576988 TALES OF SUSPENSE #99 Appt. NM- 9.2 (RESTORED) 1 $28.00 USD $28.00 USD

180224340021 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #60 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $102.50 USD $102.50 USD

170202128401 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $249.95 USD $249.95 USD

170202107323 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #57 Appt. NM+ 9.6 RESTORED 1 $49.95 USD $49.95 USD

150226498670 THOR #170 Appt. NM+ 9.6 1 $26.00 USD $26.00 USD

150226174320 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #56 Appt. NM- 9.2 RESTORED 1 $34.95 USD $34.95 USD

170197611603 BATMAN #200 NM- 9.2 1 $64.25 USD $64.25 USD ... DAMAGED IN TRANSIT, Never made it past the central hub... REFUND EFFECTED

170191221474 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #135 Appt. VF/NM PUNISHER 1 $10.35 USD $10.35 USD

These are direct excerpts from my paypal logs and I'm sure that there are those here that have saved all of my listings to verify their accuracy.

Also, The only Detective comic that I have listed since Rob began his string of restored comic purchases from me was a Det. 387 listed as restored. I couldn't find it on my logs, so I'm not yet sure if Rob was the purchaser. If so he might have paid with a check, again I'm unsure, but the point being that Robert Harler only won and received comics from me with all of the restoration fully disclosed. All of his wins were on restored comics except for the Batman 200, which was returned by the post office, the box bent in the middle and half ripped open.

I'm sure that a few members here have saved all of my listings and this is all verifiable.

I don't have the listing number for the unrestored #33 handy, but again, if anybody here has saved my listings, they'll show that the unrestored and restored 33 are two completely different comics.

can you read? he said 3 books!

Yes. But in this case, even 3 is a grossly inaccurate charge as he never purchased an unrestored comic from me. All 8 of his received purchases were for restored comics, listed as restored, with all the restoration work faithfully disclosed in the description section.

Is it possible that Rob was unaware what apparent and restored meant? I have had winners on restored comics who not realizing the comic they won was restored, asked for a mutual release on the transaction. I even have had three buyers who actually paid for their wins, the comics submitted, returned purple labeled, and then when reported to me that their comics were restored, my answer was, "Of course they are. They're listed as restored. All the work disclosed in the description section, apparent or restored in the title." Go figure.

Simple fact is, if you're worried about receiving a restored raw comic from an eBay seller, I'm the guy you want to buy from. I am the most watched seller on eBay, everyone waiting with such baited breath to jump on one error that threads like this must be started with completely false charges because there are no legitimate problems with my comics and detection skills, which are as good as anyone in the hobby, CGC included.

If I think there's even a 1% chance of one of my unrestored listings being returned purple or green, I will not list it. So far, I have been correct in all but two cases. Twice, CGC disagreed with a resto finding on my last 1500 raw sales, since I began selling on eBay in March of 2007, both inexpensive comics well below my average listing sale price. On one, I believe they were correct, and on the other, I believe that I was correct. My listings average approx. $800 to $1000 per comic. All raw, with rare exception. There's no seller on eBay that sells that magnitude of high grade raw comics and I doubt any that have a better record than 1498 for 1500 when it comes to resto detection.

take it up with him then.....I am not involved in that

In all fairness, didn't you involve yourself when you became a party to his libelous, potentially injurious email, posting it here before checking the facts? Why doesn't anyone check all their facts beforehand? Why shoot first and ask questions later instead of emailing? I would have been happy to share verifiable facts I presented in this thread with you via email.

My eBay star rating (DSR) on communication is 4.8.

You could have asked me, "This guy says this and that", and I could have emailed you a screeen capture of each and every one of my paypal transaction pages with Dusrob that contradict his statements, showing all of his purchases as restored.

There's no seller on eBay that sells that magnitude of high grade raw comics and I doubt any that have a better record than 1498 for 1500 when it comes to resto detection.

Danny, are you saying that you know for a fact (I know you're big into 'facts') that all 1,500 books have been submitted to CGC and 1,498 have come back in a blue label? (shrug)

There's no seller on eBay that sells that magnitude of high grade raw comics and I doubt any that have a better record than 1498 for 1500 when it comes to resto detection.

Danny, are you saying that you know for a fact (I know you're big into 'facts') that all 1,500 books have been submitted to CGC and 1,498 have come back in a blue label? (shrug)

It's Perry. No. I'm not aware of the fate of every comic sold. What I am aware of is that out of my total 1500+ eBay sales, began in March, 2007, two unrestored comics were returned purple.

Judging by buyer contact on follow up emails, especially when they win again and again, I could put together a long list, a number far greater than 2 of winners who had their wins returned blue labeled.

Don't go by me. Go by Old Guy. I've read many times here Old Guy stating that whatever contact he has with CGC illustrates no problems with my raw comics and I believe that he has written, "there won't be a problem", and he is correct.

I'd have to be the dumbest person in the world to put up an unrestored comic that even has an astronomically minute chance of scoring a purple label. CGC members would turn that into the biggest PR disaster in the world. One careless, unintentionaly error on an expensive comic, or even an inexpensive one, would mean the use of the words:

All: "All of his comic are restored"

Every: "Every one"

I would be as stupid as a robber walking into a police preceint with a gun drawn.

I give no one any reason to say anything negative about my listings and look what's written now. Look at the opening post of this thread. Can you imagine the fallout if my TOS 39 or SP 1 now listed were returned restored? If I actually made even an unintentional error? It wouldn't happen. It couldn't happen.

I look at every unrestored comic as if my life depends on it being so.

But isn't your 'Goods As Described' rating only 4.5?

How does that go hand-in-hand with the '1,498 out of 1,500' figure you're keen to bandy around? (shrug)

Goods as described doesn't necessarily refer to restored or not.

Interesting that my postage DSR is 4.8 and was 4.6 until a few months ago. I charge the exact postage. Always have. My postage scale in the description is an approximation. I have a scale and charge exact usps calclator rates. My postal charges are always the amount on the label when a buyer receives a package, without exception, and yet my DSR is 4.8, not 5.0

4.5 is an excellent DSR considering what I offer, the higher the grade, the greater the difference of opinion and subject to individual tolerances.

I've conducted consumer polls long ago and I noted something interesting. Even when 100% satisfied and a buyer repeated purchases with the same company, they have repeatedly given 8s and 9s on a 10 scale, their reason when asked being, "Only God is perfect, there's always room for improvement", or something along those lines.

It's Perry.

No, it's not.

How does that go hand-in-hand with the '1,498 out of 1,500' figure you're keen to bandy around? (shrug)

Interesting that my postage DSR is 4.8 and was 4.6 until a few months ago. I charge the exact postage. Always have. My postage scale in the description is an approximation. I have a scale and charge exact usps calclator rates. My postal charges are always the amount on the label when a buyer receives a package, without exception, and yet my DSR is 4.8, not 5.0

4.5 is an excellent DSR considering what I offer, the higher the grade, the greater the difference of opinion and subject to individual tolerances.

I've conducted consumer polls long ago and I noted something interesting. Even when 100% satisfied and a buyer repeated purchases with the same company, they have repeatedly given 8s and 9s on a 10 scale, their reason when asked being, "Only God is perfect, there's always room for improvement", or something along those lines.

Let me give an alternate 'twist' to your statistics...

To achieve a 4.5 rating, 1 person out of 10 most not have been fully satisfied with your product.

You state that you have completed 1,500 transactions, yes?

So...150 of your customers have not been fully satisfied with what they have received when comparing it to what you claimed they would.

150 unhappy people.

How do you like them statistics, Danny?

I think that's an admirable record that no more than two buyers can contradict, since there are only two who have had that happen with my listings and not more.

IMO, no S.A. raw seller can make that claim. I'm so sure that my items are unrestored, I reimburse all expenses, as I did in those two cases. How many raw sellers offer that. I better be right 99.9% of the time or I'm going to wind up losing alot of money as well as being the subject of ridicule.

I should be applauded for my record and guarantee rather than ridiculed. Any other seller would be if they had my feedback, DSR (4.7 avg.), buyer base, and consistant blue label results. We both know that.

What I forgot to mention is my communication. I check emails every 2 waking hours. Emails are answered promptly and my Comm. DSR is not 5.0 either.

Let me give an alternate 'twist' to your statistics...

To achieve a 4.5 rating, 1 person out of 10 most not have been fully satisfied with your product.

You state that you have completed 1,500 transactions, yes?

So...150 of your customers have not been fully satisfied with what they have received when comparing it to what you claimed they would.

150 unhappy people.

How do you like them statistics, Danny?

It's Perry. So if they gave a 4 out of 5, that's unhappy? That's not what the star rating states as represented by each number. If one person, possibly a person leaving a neg or neutral gives a 1, then you need what, about 100 fives to get back to 4.5?

Come on. You see an item for sale by a raw seller that has a 4.5, 4.8, 4.7, 4.8 star rating and you're not going to think twice about bidding. You're nitpicking needlessly. Read the feedbacks. Read the comments and see how "unhappy" everyone is.

Keep in mind that my feedback and DSR is the byproduct of almost exclusively raw unrestored comics (2 CGC comics listed since 3/2007). How easy is it for a comic seller offering mostly CGC comics to get a 5.0? Is there a question about the seller representing it correctly if already graded? No. The comic arrives, it's what they bought and the seller should get a 5.0 automatically and most likely does. Easy.

Raw comics are different. Subject to individual grade interpretation. 4.5 is an amazing DSR considering the magnitude of the comics I sell and their all being raw.