• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33 ASM #33 9.9 LOL

164 posts in this topic

I WON FROM THIS GUY A COUPLE WEEKS AGO!

WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING HIM DANNY??

MY PAYMENT WENT TO PERRY STROUD DOWN THE TOILET!

Fixed that for ya. (thumbs u

Simple fact is, if you're worried about receiving a restored raw comic from an eBay seller, I'm the guy you want to buy from. I am the most watched seller on eBay, everyone waiting with such baited breath to jump on one error that threads like this must be started with completely false charges because there are no legitimate problems with my comics and detection skills, which are as good as anyone in the hobby, CGC included.

If I think there's even a 1% chance of one of my unrestored listings being returned purple or green, I will not list it. So far, I have been correct in all but two cases. Twice, CGC disagreed with a resto finding on my last 1500 raw sales, since I began selling on eBay in March of 2007, both inexpensive comics well below my average listing sale price. On one, I believe they were correct, and on the other, I believe that I was correct. My listings average approx. $800 to $1000 per comic. All raw, with rare exception. There's no seller on eBay that sells that magnitude of high grade raw comics and I doubt any that have a better record than 1498 for 1500 when it comes to resto detection.

Hammer

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheCharltonGuy wrote:

I didn't say that he did anything wrong.

Like I said, I needed the money, and I figured that with his near-magical powers of profit-making, that he would be able to flip the book for profit (again). Apparently the profit margin on de-slabbing and flipping this particular book didn't appeal to him. No problem, and no hard feelings.

And I'm not playing Don Quixote here. I wouldn't have begun this particular experiment if I didn't plan on following it to completion. If the book comes back from one more resto-check as un-trimmed, so be it, I'll just look like an inept crank again. And if it does come back noted as trimmed, it will be CGC that will bear the brunt of any criticism, not Perry.

I really don't care either way any more. I'm trying to be scientifically objective at this point. It ain't easy, but I'm trying.

In all fairness, you have to look at the situation. Robo is the single most watched seller in the history of eBay. Everyone's just WAITING, with baited breath, for him to do something like list a raw comic as 8.0 that CGC graded 7.0 so they point their fingers and say, "You SEE!!!!! He's a crook, he's Dupcak, he's Koos and the Devil all rolled into one". Meanwhile, if anyone else in the hobby disagreed with a CGC finding and sold a book they believed to be more an 8.0 that CGC labeled 7.0, that would just be an allowable difference of opinion, and nothing to get their panties in a wad over. Like when a formerly graded 7.0 gets a new 8.0 label and everyone just says, "Must have been a great resub candidate".

If Robo had taken this FF 28 that he believed to have more the qualities of an 8.0 than a 7.0 (he had to of to grade it 8.0, right?), and resold it raw, as an 8.0, there would have been 50 threads on the CGC forums about it and an entire 5 page thesis on Old Guy's site about how "ALL" of his books (not just this one), "ALL" of them are the same case.

Only in THIS hobby are the words "ALWAYS", "NEVER", "ALL", and "NONE" in reference to an ISOLATED case used so commonly.

Someone just send me this thread from a post that Hammer made on this forum.

Looks like "Perry" and Hammer were seperated at birth! hm

Anyone else catch the "everyone waiting with such baited breath" comment from Hammer. ^^

It's the same line that "Perry" used up above in the quation box. :blush:

Here's the link http://www.cgcage.com/an-interesting-book-t13.html

My question is...Why would someone bother to restore an ASM 33....a book of which there are NO KNOWN COPIES that exist BELOW a grade of 8.5 ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

My question is...Why would someone bother to restore an ASM 33....a book of which there are NO KNOWN COPIES that exist BELOW a grade of 8.5 ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Now that is a :signfunny:

The 33 was perfect. All flaws removed. One or a few very small stress lines color touched. It might have been trimmed too, I don't remember offhand. If it was, it was listed as trimmed. CGC is very tough on the grades of a trimmed restored comic.

Deservedly so!

Are you trimming these comics or associated with someone who is/may be doing this? Don't tell us what CGC detects. Are you trimming? "Micro" trimming counts, too in case you want to play the semantics game. Straight answers are what we're looking for here.

The sheer amount of ultra high grade keys you have been trotting out on eBay this past year is practically impossible unless you've had a cartel of some sort buying up top comics for at least several years. I don't see how you're doing it without some kind of shady business.

PLEASE DON'T BAN ROBOJO33!!

That's all.

Go away, shill.

The sheer amount of ultra high grade keys you have been trotting out on eBay this past year is practically impossible unless you've had a cartel of some sort buying up top comics for at least several years. I don't see how you're doing it without some kind of shady business.

For a number of years, Danny used the Robojo33 account to purchase box-loads of raw Silver Age (I know because I sold him stuff). These were usually in the VF range...prime candidates for 'enhancement'. Robojo33 did not sell a solitary book until the comic-keys account became dormant. That account was made dormant to coincide with eBay making private feedback public. How that worked was that your previously private feedback would become public if you ran an auction after the date of the change. If you didn't run an auction after the change date, your feedback remained private.

So immediately after the change, comic-keys ceased trading and Robojo33 began selling up a storm.

These eBay changes required a change in business model, which Danny has now adopted. The overgrading is part of it, but I am certain he is also now capable of slipping micro-trimmed books past CGC...just as Ewert did and just as Paul Clairmont did.

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/index.htm

"eBay I.D. robojo33 is the account used by someone calling himself "Perry Stroud". The mailing address (683 Nightingale Rd., West Hempstead, NY 11552) used by "Perry" on eBay is the same as the address for a house owned by "Richard Koos" aka Comic-Keys.

Here is a scan of the deed for said house as filed with the county assessors office (a matter of public record):

deed.jpg

"Perry Stroud" and "Richard Koos" at the same address....... What a small world!

I should also mention that the Private Investigator that supplied the copy of the deed was unable to find any record of anyone named "Perry Stroud" any where in the State of NY, ever. Go figure."

Oooops!!!!! Hammer, I'm sure you'll come up with some sort of "explanation" for this but I think most here don't care.

I wouldn't mind seeing how DD wriggles out of this one in the face of overwhelming evidence. Should be entertaining.

Because he just wrote it off after realising that he made a lot more money ripping people off so in the end he ended way up anyway. (thumbs u

My point is this. Perry Stroud existing or not is a moot point. Even if Perry Stroud exist's it does not change one single thing. Danny Kupchak is pulling the strings. So because of this I could care less if Perry Stroud is real. Danny Kupchak is behind this, and that is what matters.

My eBay star rating (DSR) on communication is 4.8.

But isn't your 'Goods As Described' rating only 4.5?

How does that go hand-in-hand with the '1,498 out of 1,500' figure you're keen to bandy around? (shrug)

Goods as described doesn't necessarily refer to restored or not.

Interesting that my postage DSR is 4.8 and was 4.6 until a few months ago. I charge the exact postage. Always have. My postage scale in the description is an approximation. I have a scale and charge exact usps calclator rates. My postal charges are always the amount on the label when a buyer receives a package, without exception, and yet my DSR is 4.8, not 5.0

4.5 is an excellent DSR considering what I offer, the higher the grade, the greater the difference of opinion and subject to individual tolerances.

I've conducted consumer polls long ago and I noted something interesting. Even when 100% satisfied and a buyer repeated purchases with the same company, they have repeatedly given 8s and 9s on a 10 scale, their reason when asked being, "Only God is perfect, there's always room for improvement", or something along those lines.

Let me give an alternate 'twist' to your statistics...

To achieve a 4.5 rating, 1 person out of 10 most not have been fully satisfied with your product.

You state that you have completed 1,500 transactions, yes?

So...150 of your customers have not been fully satisfied with what they have received when comparing it to what you claimed they would.

150 unhappy people.

How do you like them statistics, Danny?

None of this has anything to do with the TOPIC subject, you're reaching mate!

After analzying the FACTS in this thread, and the auction/auctions mentioned; it would seem a false accusation is being made here, plain and simple.

Oh, feel free to jump all over me for being "in bed with" or an "apologist for" .... sticks and stones. In the end, I like facts, and abhore false accusations...this seems to be one.

Hey Mate,

Kinda of ironic ROBOJO33 has NOT defended himself after that deed showed up hm

but that's just my meh

My eBay star rating (DSR) on communication is 4.8.

But isn't your 'Goods As Described' rating only 4.5?

How does that go hand-in-hand with the '1,498 out of 1,500' figure you're keen to bandy around? (shrug)

Goods as described doesn't necessarily refer to restored or not.

Interesting that my postage DSR is 4.8 and was 4.6 until a few months ago. I charge the exact postage. Always have. My postage scale in the description is an approximation. I have a scale and charge exact usps calclator rates. My postal charges are always the amount on the label when a buyer receives a package, without exception, and yet my DSR is 4.8, not 5.0

4.5 is an excellent DSR considering what I offer, the higher the grade, the greater the difference of opinion and subject to individual tolerances.

I've conducted consumer polls long ago and I noted something interesting. Even when 100% satisfied and a buyer repeated purchases with the same company, they have repeatedly given 8s and 9s on a 10 scale, their reason when asked being, "Only God is perfect, there's always room for improvement", or something along those lines.

Let me give an alternate 'twist' to your statistics...

To achieve a 4.5 rating, 1 person out of 10 most not have been fully satisfied with your product.

You state that you have completed 1,500 transactions, yes?

So...150 of your customers have not been fully satisfied with what they have received when comparing it to what you claimed they would.

150 unhappy people.

How do you like them statistics, Danny?

None of this has anything to do with the TOPIC subject, you're reaching mate!

After analzying the FACTS in this thread, and the auction/auctions mentioned; it would seem a false accusation is being made here, plain and simple.

Oh, feel free to jump all over me for being "in bed with" or an "apologist for" .... sticks and stones. In the end, I like facts, and abhore false accusations...this seems to be one.

If I am wrong I do apologize....I remember you selling a raw 9.9 #33......am I wrong?

James...yes, I posted the thread a couple of weeks ago I believe that said seller had a lot 'o nards to post a raw book at 9.9... :o:insane:

You can look it up and it has the eBay link, about 2 weeks back as I recall...

Tom