• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33 ASM #33 9.9 LOL

164 posts in this topic

Found the buyer of the supposed 9.9 ASM #33 and you will all believe the outcome.

I emailed a seller on ebay selling a 9.4 App. #33 and asked him if he bought that from Robojo33, and if it was the supposed 9.9. And this is what he said

"YES IT WAS,I HAVE BOUGHT ABOUT 8 COMICS FROM HIM,3 THAT HE DID NOT SAY WERE RESTORED CAME BACK RESTORED-- THE DETECTIVE COMIC, THOR, AND ONE OTHER SPIDER-MAN BOOK THAT I GOT GRADED. HE DID OFFER TO BUY THEM BACK THOUGH. SO FAR A BAD DEAL!!!

- dusrob"

Selling it on ebay tells me Dupcak never paid him back.

I can't believe people keep buying from him and he doesn't get more returns or negative feedback. This insufficiently_thoughtful_person needs to be banned from selling any more books that claim to be unrestored...EVER. If he wants to sell restored books, then they should be noted and be sold for 10% of the selling price.

I can't believe people keep buying from him and he doesn't get more returns or negative feedback. This insufficiently_thoughtful_person needs to be banned from selling any more books that claim to be unrestored...EVER. If he wants to sell restored books, then they should be noted and be sold for 10% of the selling price.

He basically has found a gigantic hole in the system and is driving a semi-truck through it. He makes good every time he is caught before feedback is left. The sad part is most people will not know that they got screwed over by this guy until years and years later when they can no longer do anything about it.

When these fantastic anecdotes are posted on the forum about a seller, wouldn't it be prudent to simply email the seller brought into question before posting potentially harmful information? Either someone is bearing false witness or suffering from amnesia

Here are the tangible, undisputable facts concerning all of Robert Harler's (Dusrob's) comic purchases from Robojo33:

170236576988 TALES OF SUSPENSE #99 Appt. NM- 9.2 (RESTORED) 1 $28.00 USD $28.00 USD

180224340021 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #60 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $102.50 USD $102.50 USD

170202128401 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33 Appt. MINT- 9.9 RESTORED 1 $249.95 USD $249.95 USD

170202107323 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #57 Appt. NM+ 9.6 RESTORED 1 $49.95 USD $49.95 USD

150226498670 THOR #170 Appt. NM+ 9.6 1 $26.00 USD $26.00 USD

150226174320 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #56 Appt. NM- 9.2 RESTORED 1 $34.95 USD $34.95 USD

170197611603 BATMAN #200 NM- 9.2 1 $64.25 USD $64.25 USD ... DAMAGED IN TRANSIT, Never made it past the central hub... REFUND EFFECTED

170191221474 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #135 Appt. VF/NM PUNISHER 1 $10.35 USD $10.35 USD

These are direct excerpts from my paypal logs and I'm sure that there are those here that have saved all of my listings to verify their accuracy.

Also, The only Detective comic that I have listed since Rob began his string of restored comic purchases from me was a Det. 387 listed as restored. I couldn't find it on my logs, so I'm not yet sure if Rob was the purchaser. If so he might have paid with a check, again I'm unsure, but the point being that Robert Harler only won and received comics from me with all of the restoration fully disclosed. All of his wins were on restored comics except for the Batman 200, which was returned by the post office, the box bent in the middle and half ripped open.

He never asked for a refund on any of his purchases.

A word on the AS 33 that was returned CGC 9.4 ®. Yes. I listed it as Mint-. The comic is flawless. CGC is notorious for harsh treatment on restored high grades. The 33 is as beautiful and as unflawed as any CGC 9.8 or 9.9 UNrestored. I have never seen a restored grade given above 9.6 by CGC on a silver age comic. Close up, clear scans of the AS 33 would bear this out.

To further clarify, The AS #33 was listed as restored (see lines on paypal log entires provided above) and logically, returned as restored by CGC. If you purchase a comic listed as restored from me, it is definitely restored and will be returned as restored by CGC.

If you purchase a comic fcrom me listed as unrestored, it will be returned as unrestored by CGC or PGX. That is a fact.

Thusfar, two (that would be only 2) of my unrestored comics have been returned with a purple labels. Both were inexpensive comics (under $500). That is out of approx. 1500 thusfar listed and purchased. One I agreed with, one I disagreed with, yet even though I disagreed on the one, I still made both refunds on the comics and all associative expenses to the buyer. There are no more than 2 buyers who can present tangible evidence of receiving an unrestored comic from me that graded purple.

The overwhelming majority of my raw purchases are submitted to CGC, not hidden away raw. IMO, 2 errors out of 1500 is a CGC-level equivalent success rate.

Here we go.... :busy:

Sorry you see it that way. I thought you (collectively) would be interested in some tangible facts. The forum is a court system in a way and once accused, doesn't the defense have a say? Isn't this very important if the charges presented in the case are all false? The only true statements in the first post are that:

1) Dusrob did buy comics from me

2) The AS 33 got a 9.4

But every detail about the purchases was grossly inaccurate, a pure fantasy.

Robojo said" I have never seen a restored grade given above 9.6 by CGC on a silver age comic."

Ironically enough there is actually a 9.8 restored ASM 33 hm

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Amazing+Spider%2DMan&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=33&year=1966&issuedate=2%2F66

I guess that means he's never really looked then huh? (shrug)

Robojo said" I have never seen a restored grade given above 9.6 by CGC on a silver age comic."

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Amazing+Spider%2DMan&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=33&year=1966&issuedate=2%2F66

Honestly. I didn't scan the census. Just as I said, I have never seen a S.A. restored comic on any auction site, archives, eBay, or elsewhere, that received a CGC grade higher than 9.6 .

Grinder, Did Dusrob actually convey to you that he bought unrestored comics from me or are you embellishing?

You're not more interested that the tangible facts completely contradicting your opening post?

You're more interested in getting to the bottom of, "if I read the census", which I don't since I'm not selling CGCed comics (except for the AF 15 CGC 9.6 ® last week, which I already know is only one of two without haveing to look)?

I think the last time I looked at the census was about a year ago. My comment about restored 9.6s was based on what I've seen, and I've seen many.

Sorry you see it that way. I thought you (collectively) would be interested in some tangible facts. The forum is a court system in a way and once accused, doesn't the defense have a say? Isn't this very important if the charges presented in the case are all false? The only true statements in the first post are that:

2) The AS 33 got a 9.4

I don't see it any way,I have never dealt with you nor will I. Simply stating that this thread will no doubt become very active. (thumbs u

2) The AS 33 got a 9.4

fact is...it was listed by you an Unrestored 9.9. hm underhanded and sneeky as I see it.

Grinder, Did Dusrob actually convey to you that he bought unrestored comics from me or are you embellishing?

what would be the point of embellishing? I saw his ebay listing for the 9.4 RESTORED ASM #33...so I asked him if this happened to be the 9.9 you had listed....he said yes it was and so on so forth, just as the top of the thread says. Despicable in my opinion. Its no wonder you give so many refunds on books!