• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anybody here still read comics ???

25 posts in this topic

Well, do ya ? Or are you all too busy trying to prove what big men you are ?

http://66.223.50.238/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=310639&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

Sort it out guys. Only insufficiently_thoughtful_persons with tiny weeners behave like this. Real men read copies of Spiderman instead.

sign-rantpost.gif

popcorn.gif I still read 'em hi.gif They may be just off the shelf modern tripe to some but, I still read 'em. I have to go through my batch from this past WEdnesday when I have the time...

Batch is right! There were a ton of good stuff this week: Ultimate 6, 1602, Avengers (of course), Conan #0, etc.

In the past couple years, I read Justice League 1 - 160, Daredevil 2 - 160 (or thereabouts) and 281 - 380, Iron Man 1 - 38 (quit 'cause I don't have 39) and Tales of Suspense from about 58 - 99. Next up, is a Tales to Astonish run I have that will get me into Sub Mariner and the Hulk title. Never read the Silver / Bronze Age stuff on many of these runs. Daredevil so far's the best read and I really had to struggle with Justice League. grin.gif

I read about 3-4 a night. The past couple days I've been reading Astonishing Tales, Amazing Adventures, and the Tony Stark Alcoholism period in Iron Man. I don't read the new stuff though. A week ago I picked up Spectacular Spider-Man #5 on a whim, and the renditions of Spider-Man ad Eddie Brock were some of the worst I have ever seen. Spidey looked like he weighed about 80lbs, and Brock looked like Nuklo's sickly brother. The story wasn't very good either. Poor stories and high prices have turned me off to today's comics.

Humberto Ramos totally sucks. He should never draw Spider-Man.

No doubt. Equally as bad is the cover artist on Spider-Man/Doctor Octopu. Have you seen that? OMG! I thought #1 was crappy. #2 is one of the worst covers I have ever seen. It looks like my art. When I was 12! 893whatthe.gif

Chris