• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Anyone Like Batman RIP?

40 posts in this topic

I had been enjoying Batman and Detective for the past few years and was excited when RIP began to be plugged. However, I have been reading(trying to understand) the RIP issues, in all of the books and I have NO CLUE what is going on. No issue leads or ties into the other issues and I am LOST.

What the heck is DC doing??

I had been enjoying Batman and Detective for the past few years and was excited when RIP began to be plugged. However, I have been reading(trying to understand) the RIP issues, in all of the books and I have NO CLUE what is going on. No issue leads or ties into the other issues and I am LOST.

What the heck is DC doing??

:hi: Hiyo!Batman R.I.P focus is supposively (I think) is taking from perspective from events of 52, One Year Later, and during times after Jason Todd death/Tim Drake. Even though I have read most of them except the One Year Later arc... most situations in the Batman R.I.P so far is more on the mind of Bruce/Batman and how he is handling this threat.A human's mind is (at most time) fagile and would take many lifetime to fathom just the personality of the human... even in the most simple terms. For no mind is simple, but rather it is complex on many levels that are beyond comprehension... and that goes double for the mind of Bruce/Batman.Now... to answer your original question though: Im loving it, but I do see some weird timeline shifts in relation to whats going on in the Batman and Robin titles compared to Detective Comics and Nightwing titles, but im sure it will come together in the end. I wonder where in the timeline in Batman R.I.P. does Batman and the OutSiders will take... you think BatGirl will be there even though shes gone rogue?

Batman R.I.P focus is supposively (I think) is taking from perspective from events of 52, One Year Later, and during times after Jason Todd death/Tim Drake. Even though I have read most of them except the One Year Later arc... most situations in the Batman R.I.P so far is more on the mind of Bruce/Batman and how he is handling this threat.

This explains why I'm lost. :sigh: And, I'm not too thrilled with it either... since I'm out of the loop.

I do like how Morrison explains all those crappy 1950's/early 60's stories (aliens, rainbow creatures, etc) as hallucinations while Bruce was in the sensory deprivation tank for a week.

So this is up for the "Biggest Ret-Con Ever" award?

Apparently Morrison wrote the arc without too much care as to what else was happening in the DCU and the editors have been trying to reign him in a little so it fits.

FWIW, Morrison is a madman.

Apparently Morrison wrote the arc without too much care as to what else was happening in the DCU and the editors have been trying to reign him in a little so it fits.

So Morrson is the Bendis of he DC Universe?

:news: Just heard from a source deep inside WB/DC that quoted Morrison directly as saying this: "The current Bats is actually an alien shape shifter who "replaced" Bruce Wayne in the 60s during a secret invasion. The real Bruce Wayne is still stuck in a coma after a nasty LSD experience with the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and 50 hot groupies back then. A lot of other DCU heroes will be revealed as aliens as well. I am such a great writer that I will show Marvel how to really :censored: up things in a big summer event based on aliens. I will also show the fickle fanboys that you reall can write a bigger pile of :censored: and :censored: up your most popular hero more than they did with the Spidey clone/OMD & BND storylines".

No, no, Marvel rules in that category. This is more along the line of Moore's "Anatomy Lesson" (you know, where it makes sense, unlike Marvel). Plus, DC at least has the courtesy to let you know they are re-vamping continuity (COIE, etc). Marvel just does it and expects you to swallow the mess sandwich bite by bite.

Originally Posted By: Ivanko

No other then the pat few issues of Batman, Morrison's writting is still GOOD

Originally Posted By: Ares
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header"> Originally Posted By: Ivanko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently Morrison wrote the arc without too much care as to what else was happening in the DCU and the editors have been trying to reign him in a little so it fits.<br /><br />FWIW, Morrison is a madman. </div></div><br /><br />So Morrson is the Bendis of he DC Universe?

No other then the pat few issues of Batman, Morrison's writting is still GOOD

+1 :insane:

Originally Posted By: mylar_mike
I do like how Morrison explains all those crappy 1950's/early 60's stories (aliens, rainbow creatures, etc) as hallucinations while Bruce was in the sensory deprivation tank for a week.

No kidding. I saw that post and was like...What???!!!If true that's pretty damn major.

Originally Posted By: joe_collector
 Originally Posted By: mylar_mike

No kidding. I saw that post and was like...What???!!!

If true that's pretty damn major.

:hi: Hiyo!Seems like you need to... :popcorn: and read Batman #679 and pick-up the varient like I did! :luhv: Purple, yellow, and red is sooo better than the dark blue, grey, and black! :wishluck: I hope after Batman R.I.P. run with this for year... what year they on... five or six? I can see the new titles as the following... Detective Batman of Zur-en-arrh Comics & Batman: Batman of the Zur-en-arrh - Year ???lol

Originally Posted By: Ivanko

I think it means he's the Jeph Loeb of DC

someone help me here. i heard that they brought back thomas wayne???? please tell me this isn't true. i mean, i know a lot of modern writers are hacks, but damn, that's really pathetic on morrison/DC's part if it's true.

someone help me here. i heard that they brought back thomas wayne???? please tell me this isn't true. i mean, i know a lot of modern writers are hacks, but damn, that's really pathetic on morrison/DC's part if it's true.

:hi: Hiyo!

So... :takeit: ... as though you have not read the lastest issue in the Batman R.I.P. in Batman #679.

hm ... so how should I put it?

(shrug) ... ok lets just tell it like it is! Right... (thumbs u ?

Ok are you... sitting down and... :popcorn: (Listening closely?)

:baiting: .... hope your ready for this... :pullhair: (Nerve-recking big spoilers!)

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

Its... :news: time :o !

Ladies and gentleman... :popcorn: ... its time to reveal the big reveal ... :popcorn:

Are you ready to... :headbang: ?

Are you... :baiting: ready?

Now for the spoiler!!! :banana::banana:

You sure you ready? You dont look like this... zzz do you?

You are like this... :popcorn: right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman #679, page 22-23:

Page 22, Panel 1:

Doctor Hurt- ... and the Black Glove. That's Gordon taken care of. Now, you say Kraken's confirmed that Bruce Wayne is suddenly rampaging around in a suit as ragged and tattered as his mind?

("Masked" Dude)- He didnt see much but whatever it was, it took that simpering stick insect Caligula with it.

Doctor Hurt- What do I care? I only need a few hours to prepare Arkham Asylum for the final act.

Panel 2:

Doctor Hurt- Charlie will squeal, of course. He'll tell Batman everything... and send him charging straight into our trap.

Panel 3:

(Doctor Hurt pours a bottle of champane on the "knocked out" Afred)

Doctor Hurt- Wake up betrayer! The usurper was never my son, was he? It was you... you and Martha, my adulterous witch of a wife, am I right?

Final Panel:

(Busts the champane bottle on Afred's head)

Doctor Hurt- Well, Afred?!

Page 23, Panel 1:

(Afred awakes and bleeds from his head)

Afred- I knew Thomas Wayne,sir. You are not Thomas Wayne. And I promise you, Master Bruce will make you regret this grotesque charade.

Panel 2:

Doctor Hurt- No, I'm Doctor Hurt now. As for "Master Bruce" and whatever shreds of his identity still remain... did i say we were finished with him?

Panel 3:

("Creepy-looking chick" places a "machanical scorpion" on Afred's shoulder)

Doctor Hurt- We're allowing him one last hope before we take it all away for good. We intend to ruin him in every way imaginable. Body and soul.

Panel 4:

("Bucket-head" dude)- Erm... 'scuse us for screwing up big gala night, doc. But Pierrot and me, well... he ran rings' around us. We lost the kid.

Doctor Hurt- Then go back out and find him. We promised Robin to the Joker.

Final Panel 5:

Doctor Hurt- Must try harder, boys. And don't be too long. We're breaking the Batman at midnight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(worship) Your Welcome! :devil:

Okay, so I went to my LCS yesterday and the rumor they had heard is that Nightwing/ is going to assume the mantle and get killed off, which straightens out Bruce and he gets back in the saddle again. They said the word is that Didio does not like Nightwing/ as a character (did he try to cancel Nightwing?) and this is his way of taking care of things. Has anyone heard something similar? (shrug)

With the way that Final Crisis is going and the loss of momentum at DCU right now, will Didio last long enough to pull something like this off? :baiting:lol