• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Anyone Like Batman RIP?

40 posts in this topic

Didio wanted to kill nightwing when he innitially took his position. When people caught wind he received a ton of hate mail. After that he realised that Nightwing has a fan base.

I like the RIP storyline. The shifts in timeline do make it difficult. And the stories really dont seem to coincide. But I am enjoying it nonetheless.

And I didnt get the 679 variant. Did they sell quick ?

Didio wanted to kill nightwing when he innitially took his position. When people caught wind he received a ton of hate mail. After that he realised that Nightwing has a fan base.

I like the RIP storyline. The shifts in timeline do make it difficult. And the stories really dont seem to coincide. But I am enjoying it nonetheless.

And I didnt get the 679 variant. Did they sell quick ?

:hi: Hiyo! :o ... are you serious? I think the varient range was shipped to a ratio of 1/10 to 1/25 per Batman #679 Issue pre-ordered from you local comic shop. Im not too sure, but I know its worth seeing the purple being untilize in the right way! (worship) Death to Barney! ... and arise Batman of the Zur-En-Arrh! :baiting: Why cant Robin and Nightwing look menacing when Batman can do it in Purple, Red, and Yellow outfit while carrying around with him, a broken FM/AM radio called the Bat-radia? :pullhair: (shrug)P.S.I got one... and im so gonna get it signed and CGC'ed! Its worth every bit of the $10 price tag! Do you know a way I can show it to yah on the boards?

Originally Posted By: The Resurrection
Didio wanted to kill nightwing when he innitially took his position. When people caught wind he received a ton of hate mail. After that he realised that Nightwing has a fan base. <br /><br /> I like the RIP storyline. The shifts in timeline do make it difficult. And the stories really dont seem to coincide. But I am enjoying it nonetheless.<br /><br /> And I didnt get the 679 variant. Did they sell quick ?

hi.gif Hiyo!

\:o ... are you serious? I think the varient range was shipped to a ratio of 1/10 to 1/25 per Batman #679 Issue pre-ordered from you local comic shop. Im not too sure, but I know its worth seeing the purple being untilize in the right way!

\(worship\) Death to Barney! ... and arise Batman of the Zur-En-Arrh!

poke2.gif Why cant Robin and Nightwing look menacing when Batman can do it in Purple, Red, and Yellow outfit while carrying around with him, a broken FM/AM radio called the Bat-radia? Christo_pull_hair.gif\(shrug\)

P.S.

I got one... and im so gonna get it signed and CGC'ed! Its worth every bit of the $10 price tag! Do you know a way I can show it to yah on the boards?

I think between this post and your last one you missed one smilie.

is the same stuff going on in batman as detective? the last two issues of 'tec focused on hush, which were pretty good (i love dini), but from what i gather, it seems like a different story is going on in batman.

is the same stuff going on in batman as detective? the last two issues of 'tec focused on hush, which were pretty good (i love dini), but from what i gather, it seems like a different story is going on in batman.

Yes, indeed. A much worse one in Batman...

thank you. i never liked g. morrison, which is why i've avoided batman and final crisis (that and the fact that it would cost an arm and a leg to get the whole story)

thank you. i never liked g. morrison, which is why i've avoided batman and final crisis (that and the fact that it would cost an arm and a leg to get the whole story)

:hi: Hiyo!

zzz .... why rag on Grant Morrison? Read the story-arcs and rag on them, if they merit the rag. If not, dont rag just to rag, because thats getting a little old.

:o ... whats wrong with Hush? Hush to Batman is like Lex Luthor to Superman. Same as Joker to Batman is like Braniac to Superman. All heroes need thier Joker/Braniac fix and also a dose of Hush/Lex fix too!

:o ... whats wrong with Hush? Hush to Batman is like Lex Luthor to Superman. Same as Joker to Batman is like Braniac to Superman. All heroes need thier Joker/Braniac fix and also a dose of Hush/Lex fix too!

:signfunny:

zzz .... why rag on Grant Morrison? Read the story-arcs and rag on them, if they merit the rag. If not, dont rag just to rag, because thats getting a little old.

hm Because he's the writer of the arc doh!

Every writer has a style :gossip: and some have no style :insane:

i'm "ragging" on g morrison because i dont care for his writing (only exception ever has been A.S.S.). are you his family member or something? as far as hush, i never said anything negative about hush. i actually like his character.

i'm "ragging" on g morrison because i dont care for his writing (only exception ever has been A.S.S.). are you his family member or something? as far as hush, i never said anything negative about hush. i actually like his character.

Personally, I think he's a bit over-rated too. Have you read WE3 or Arkham Asylum? Fantastic reads.

Pat

:frustrated: ... I think you guys are getting me wrong or I am not explaining myself right.

I dont read comic books for the writer/artist, even though I hope the artwork is good (I like seeing Zatanna, Vixen, and others as mega hotties!), but sometimes I am disappointed, but dont really care, because I love the character/story-arcs. I dont rate nor try to judge writers/artist, because if I was to... why arent I in that profession if I supposively can do better? I judge the merits of a title by the character/s in relations to the story-arc.

(tsk) I also do a judgment on the character in relations to the setting it takes place in, like... if the character dont fit, then I must quit.

Batman R.I.P. & Final Crisis though, I have been using the same tactics as I always have relied upon since my first ever comic series I ever picked up... Black Adam: The Dark Ages & Suicide Squad: Raise the Flag.

If I love the characters (Even if the get killed off!), if I totally freaking out for the next issue and I find it engrossingly beautiful and rendered perfect... you got me hooked and I hope im not mistaken in my choice... I havent been yet with DC!

My only gripe or problem with DC is they have alot of characters that are engrossingly intriguing and I want them badly, but Dan Didio likes to tease and me off! I wish to hang Dan Didio, like the did with that cliffhangar he left me with from Black Adam: The Dark Ages, with his wife in the thralls of Neron and that simpleton that follows him!

:frustrated: ... I think you guys are getting me wrong or I am not explaining myself right.

I dont read comic books for the writer/artist, even though I hope the artwork is good (I like seeing Zatanna, Vixen, and others as mega hotties!), but sometimes I am disappointed, but dont really care, because I love the character/story-arcs. I dont rate nor try to judge writers/artist, because if I was to... why arent I in that profession if I supposively can do better? I judge the merits of a title by the character/s in relations to the story-arc.

(tsk) I also do a judgment on the character in relations to the setting it takes place in, like... if the character dont fit, then I must quit.

Batman R.I.P. & Final Crisis though, I have been using the same tactics as I always have relied upon since my first ever comic series I ever picked up... Black Adam: The Dark Ages & Suicide Squad: Raise the Flag.

If I love the characters (Even if the get killed off!), if I totally freaking out for the next issue and I find it engrossingly beautiful and rendered perfect... you got me hooked and I hope im not mistaken in my choice... I havent been yet with DC!

My only gripe or problem with DC is they have alot of characters that are engrossingly intriguing and I want them badly, but Dan Didio likes to tease and me off! I wish to hang Dan Didio, like the did with that cliffhangar he left me with from Black Adam: The Dark Ages, with his wife in the thralls of Neron and that simpleton that follows him!

I honestly think anyone buying comic books to read judges the books the same way that YOU do. The issue is, not everyone has the same tastes. I personally am having trouble following the RIP storyline in Batman and I'm not finding it to be interesting in the least. Regardless of WHO is writing it, it's not a good story, in my opinion. On the other hand, I've been enjoying the start of the RIP arc running in 'tec Comics.

I personally am having trouble following the RIP storyline in Batman and I'm not finding it to be interesting in the least. Regardless of WHO is writing it, it's not a good story, in my opinion. On the other hand, I've been enjoying the start of the RIP arc running in 'tec Comics.

This pretty much was going to be my response. I read the most recent Batman and Detective comics in the last 24 hours. I have little idea of what's going on in Batman and really don't care since I know in six months Bruce will be Batman and Alfred will be serving him sandwiches in the Batcave. I also decided about a year or so ago to avoid cross-overs so I'm not buying Robin, Nightwing, etc, to get the rest of the story.

Detective, on the other hand, is in good hands with Dini. It doesn't mesh at all with Batman (isn't that a big problem in a big cross-over event?) but it's coherent and readable. Plus, this latest issue gave us Catwoman and Zatanna. How can I complain?

Dini's work in Detective this past year has produced some of the best Batman stories in a long time.