• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommend your Favorite Comics Related Podcasts

21 posts in this topic

I decided to start downloading some podcasts to my ipod for my work commute. When I searched iTunes for comics, the selection is fairly large. I'm too lazy to listen to all of them.

So, please recommend your favorite podcasts (comic book related). Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Scrooge
iFanboy.com Podcast<br /><br />IGN.com SMASH Podcast

Problem with Ifan boy is they have changed to include more SCI fi and pop culture stuff not related to comics

Actually no it's 100% comic-book. Check out for example the show notes on the most recent episode - iFanBoy Podcast 145

I found the Golden Age of Comic Books very enlightening, the narrator doesn't have the best of voices but the subject matter which he wrote is very good. Too bad it isn't updated anymore

I couldn't find SMASH on iTunes. But the others are synching now. And, I downloaded a Golden Age podcast to check out.

You can download directly from IGN.

Go to IGN Comics

Scroll down to Latest Comic Updates box and click on the Features tab then look for the SMASH line.

Originally Posted By: Ares
 Originally Posted By: Scrooge
iFanboy.com Podcast<br /><br />IGN.com SMASH Podcast

Problem with Ifan boy is they have changed to include more SCI fi and pop culture stuff not related to comics

Actually no it's 100% comic-book. Check out for example the show notes on the most recent episode -

iFanBoy Podcast 145

your right.. I had it confused with extra ife radio

I hope the GA podcast isn't dead. I really enjoyed that one, subject was The Black Terror.

I also listened to the ifanboy podcast. First off, those guys need to rework the audio set-up cuz it just blows. I missed about 20% of the comments due to audio quality issues. Although I don't read too many moderns, I liked their reviews. Clearly aimed at the knowledgable collector though. You have to know what's going on to keep up with some of the conversation.

Oh I agree I've learned a lot from that GA podcast. Good thing though is that you can still download all the archives (thumbs u

I synched my iPhone this morning, checked the podcasts, and, he's baaack. I'm halfway through the latest installment, uploaded last weekend. Enjoy!

Oh I agree I've learned a lot from that GA podcast. Good thing though is that you can still download all the archives (thumbs u

I synched my iPhone this morning, checked the podcasts, and, he's baaack. I'm halfway through the latest installment, uploaded last weekend. Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads-up. I enjoy listening to Bill when I mow ...

Talking Comics is excellent. Largely focused on Modern books, but they do dive into GA/SA/BA/CA - especially when discussing character history.

They are on iTunes and here:

http://talkingcomicbooks.com/category/podcast-2/

There are several other podcasts on that site as well, which should be on iTunes too. I haven't listened to those.

Does anyone have a link to working GA podcast episodes? I loved these and never finished them all.

Thanks

Sadly no. I never archived them and now I am sad to see they've been taken down. Those were fun!

Did you see this site? I haven't listened to any so don't know the quality.Have you?

http://comicsinthegoldenage.com/