• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'1 Day Make Offer Time!' HIGH GRADE Silver Age AM-SPIDEYS + JIM 112

99 posts in this topic

If anything comes back as restored I will REFUND NO PROBLEM! All of the books were bought from the original owner, so i'm not at all concerned.

However, I can not guarantee what CGC will guess it's grade to be. I think after looking at the scans you will see that the grades are absolutely accurate, perhaps undergraded on some, so I can't imagine there being any problems.

Thanks

If anything comes back as restored I will REFUND NO PROBLEM! All of the books were bought from the original owner, so i'm not at all concerned.

However, I can not guarantee what CGC will guess it's grade to be. I think after looking at the scans you will see that the grades are absolutely accurate, perhaps undergraded on some, so I can't imagine there being any problems.

Thanks

what if you're not happy with the book? Regardless of CGC grade... returnable or no? These are some pricey books here... but very nice.

I don't want to have anything returned, so I would like any and all questions asked before buying, as I stated clearly in my 1st post. That way returns (which I have never gotten on the board before) - do not happen.

That being said, if you are unhappy, I will refund your purchase - assuming it is returned in the same condition as sent.

THE BIG BOYZ!

16. Amazing Spiderman #8 Cream to Off-White Rock Solid-9.2! GPA $2000 last sale $2200 Your Price $1900 64134.jpg

Seeing them in such high grade always reminds one why the yellow covers rule. :cloud9:

15. Journey into Mystery #112 Off-White to WHITE (WHITE covers!) 8.5 GPA $414 Your Price $350 Shipped![/quote

take it

Apparantly Foolkiller did not look at the scan before committing to buy the book. Please disregard his posts as the Journey Into Mystery #112 IS AVAILABLE.

You can't grade a book from a scan unless the book is in a CGC holder with a pretty blue label on top. If you aren't willing to back up your grading of raw books by offering a full refund, then you ought not be selling high dollar books here. Period. And you certainly shouldn't be a jerk about it when someone suggests that he might like to send your book back if he feels the grade given a $2000 book is jacked up.

You can't grade a book from a scan unless the book is in a CGC holder with a pretty blue label on top. If you aren't willing to back up your grading of raw books by offering a full refund, then you ought not be selling high dollar books here. Period. And you certainly shouldn't be a jerk about it when someone suggests that he might like to send your book back if he feels the grade given a $2000 book is jacked up.

No kidding. A couple of books I would like but stayed in the background to see how this would pan out.

Originally Posted By: Foolkiller
15. Journey into Mystery #112 Off-White to WHITE (WHITE covers!) 8.5 GPA $414 Your Price $350 Shipped![/quote<br />take it

Apparantly Foolkiller did not look at the scan before committing to buy the book. Please disregard his posts as the Journey Into Mystery #112 IS AVAILABLE.

Actually, I did look at the scan. But... if we're being honest here, I wasn't thrilled with the, I'm doing everything I can to avoid returns and so while I will begrudgingly give one make sure you look very carefull and ask any questions up front response.So I looked again more carefully at the scan and decided just to hold off on the book. That's basically it. No reason to take a chance.

Let me see if I get this straight... I VERY CLEARLY state in a direct response to being questioned about returns or refunds:"I don't want to have anything returned, so I would like any and all questions asked before buying, as I stated clearly in my 1st post. That way returns (which I have never gotten on the board before) - do not happen. That being said, if you are unhappy, I will refund your purchase - assuming it is returned in the same condition as sent."I also very CLEARLY STATE in my 1st post of this thread:"PLEASE ask any and all questions about the books before buying, I want every one to be happy!"This being said, Foolkiller apparantly did not look closely at the pics, how could he? He literally posted that he would 'take it' less than 60 seconds after I posted the book for sale.And this is where the problem lies. AFTER he posted that he would take it, he started having second thoughts, looked at the pics again, asked questions, and then backed out of buying it. This makes sense to me, and was something I was hoping to avoid with the statement in my first post.NOW, i'm being attacked for posting VERY CLEAR pics, giving a grade, PQ (which most people don't), a price - as well as promptly responding to everyone's posts in which I clearly state I will refund your $ if you are dissatisfied. Am I in the 'Twilight Zone', Rod?

Originally Posted By: Monster's Coll
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header"> Originally Posted By: Foolkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
15. Journey into Mystery #112 Off-White to WHITE (WHITE covers!) 8.5 GPA $414 Your Price $350 Shipped![/quote<br />take it </div></div><br /><br />Apparantly Foolkiller did not look at the scan before committing to buy the book. Please disregard his posts as the Journey Into Mystery #112 IS AVAILABLE.

Actually, I did look at the scan. But... if we're being honest here, I wasn't thrilled with the, I'm doing everything I can to avoid returns and so while I will begrudgingly give one make sure you look very carefull and ask any questions up front response.

So I looked again more carefully at the scan and decided just to hold off on the book. That's basically it. No reason to take a chance.

FK, look at it from my point of view, would you be thrilled if someone posted they will take it less than a min after listing, and then immediately starts talking about returning the item? As a seller, aren't you trying to avoid returns as much as possible as well? Isn't it a fair thing to ask that the buyer look at the very clear pics closely, ask any questions before buying, so as to hopefully avoid the possibility of a return?I don't see what i've done wrong here.I've been selling/trading in comics/art for over 20 years. Virtually every single major dealer know's me by name/face. I have helped write numerous articles on the hobby and fandom. I was once asked by Steve Borock before CGC existed to be the restoration expert, instead I recommended my good friend Chris Friesen. I could go on.Who are you?

14. X-Men #51 Off-White to WHITE PQ 9.4 (a VERY tough book to find in grade) GP's last sale was over a year ago = $332 Your Price $300

OK, I'll take a shot :takeit: