• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the coolest Ads in comics ?? To start, here's one

61 posts in this topic

What book and issue, is the Detective ad from?

Yannis, if you read the advertisement is says that it's the first issue of Detective Comics.

lol

There's a new concept. Reading comics.

:baiting:

Originally Posted By: Yannis
What book and issue, is the Detective ad from?

Yannis, if you read the advertisement is says that it's the first issue of Detective Comics.

lol

There's a new concept. Reading comics.

poke2.gif

He asks in what comics the 'Tec is advertized, not which comics was advertized.There's a new concept. Reading others' posts. :baiting:

P1010012-2.jpg

But that's my point. If you read the ad, it says "WE FEEL sure that you've enjoyed every page of this first issue of DETECTIVE COMICS" and then the indicia is on the bottom half of the inside back cover. This is obviously the inside back cover of Bill's former Detective #1. Am I missing something here?

R.

FLAME WAR!

(or at least as close as we'll get in the golden age section grin.gif )

Wait till I get really angry. I'm going to read my Marvel Mystery run cover to cover and not show anybody the interiors. :P

You guys might like to know that the DC Archives message board on the Marvel Masterworks fansite has a couple of stickied threads devoted to DC house ads.

Here's a link to the thread, and here's a link to another thread at the site where the ads shown in the first thread are indexed, in case you're looking for a particular ad and don't want to wade through 25 pages of graphics-heavy posts.

I was just talking to Alton about this earlier this week. I love adds, in house or otherwise.

This add in Action #17 is for the NY Worlds Fair Comic and says if you were one of the unlucky ones to pay 25 cents instead of 15 cents you will receive a junky Superman #1

Poor people had to pay 10 cents extra and get nothing of value!

:sorry:

wf.jpg

Same issue also has a full page add for Supes #2 which is not too shabby.

I like how the repro in the ad has Superman's hair colored in blue, unlike the cover on the actual comic, which is the only appearance of a blonde Superman. :)