• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSPG for Epic Illustrated

19 posts in this topic

that just seems sooooooo cheap. A nice #16 alone has got what should be fifty bucks worth of eye candy inside

I've had them as low as $2 apiece on occasion and most of them just don't sell.... (shrug)

34 issue series. 33-34 are hard to get.

Yeah I took another look at my run and several issues weren't VF/NM. I might have to pick some up from you. Will you be selling them again in the next VCC?

If I can, I'd be glad to help you complete a set... Just let me know which ones you need. I also got another #34 and two copies of #33 in. Some of the issues are hard for me to get though since quantities vary. I used to be out of #20 but then I scored 4-5 copies. (I like to sell complete sets if I can...)

I'm going on vacation the Monday right after the VCC, so I don't know if I'll set up this time since I can't ship until a week later. (I'll still help run it though.) I might set up anyway with that caveat up...

that just seems sooooooo cheap. A nice #16 alone has got what should be fifty bucks worth of eye candy inside

I've had them as low as $2 apiece on occasion and most of them just don't sell.... (shrug)

34 issue series. 33-34 are hard to get.

Oh, I'm sure that you're right, I'm just saying they are underpriced for what nice mags they are. The quality does vary a lot issue to issue but some, like 16, are just outstanding

kochcom used to have a lot of them for like $3 each, but now he has a lot fewer and has jacked up the prices considerably into double digits, although maybe he'd still take $3 via best offer.

ditto savage sword, he used to have like ALL of them with the last 100 or so issues mostly like $3 a pop in "uncirculated" condition, now he has TWO copies left!

he still has a zillion items left, but that place seems like it has picked clean, or at least anything priced nicely is gone.

I own a complete run of Epic Illustrated. It was worth it, in my opinion.

Worth what? Everyone agrees they're a great read. I used to love Epic and Heavy Metal 25 years ago, although some of the heavy metal stuff was a bit too esoteric sometimes, at least for a pre-teen/early teen.

Collectability is impacted by quantity (lots of them out there other than some late issues) and format (bias against magazine size). Were these two magazines put out as comic size, which would have been a clearly inferior product, they'd probably sell for more.

Here's an issue of Epic you don't find often. Quite scarce and possibly the most valuable in the set as a result - the Preview sampler for Epic Illustrated #1 - given out to members of the trade. CGC rated this one an 8.0 white pages and of course a Frank Frazetta cover.

epicsampler.jpg

Back cover

epicsampler2.jpg

To name drop a little, that particular copy was given to me by Archie Goodwin when he was editor of Marvel (and Epic) - so it has some "pedigree", albeit unprovable... :blahblah:

It's issue 27. Not sure if it has been reprinted but Groo is hired to negotiate with a town far away. He gets lost and then kills a lizard type animal for dinner. Turns out the town is made up of the same lizard type animals. Hilarity and hijinx ensue.

Ed