• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinda OT: tsr art

81 posts in this topic

I would LOVE to see some of this stuff crop up. I wish I could tell you where on CAF I saw this stuff, but there was some of the original Larry Elmore Dragonlance material on display. Un-frickin-real.

Like any art, I think it depends on whether the material was published or scrapped, the content of the art (as well as setting--Dragonlance would probably cost more than one of the generic module covers), and the medium.

I just checked CAF, and while I'm not 100% it was art from a module, I found a piece that was used in the 1st set of AD&D cards from the early 90s. Asking price was $2500--but I believe it was an oil painting.

thanks for the input guys. anybody else have any yardsticks?

Al, I'm surprised to hear that re elmore - I know I talked to him briefly and the figures I was given were multiples of that

Depends on the artist. If it was Erol Otus, you could probably name your price.

http://www.munchkinpress.com

Look through the gallery here, primarily illustration art, but there are some TSR pieces like this one currently for sale

Tony Szczudlo TSR Cover for 'Birthright' - Cities of the Sun

Art is 30"x22" and framed. . $1,500.

There are over 30 pieces up there from artists like Easley and Elmore

Good luck

Depends on the artist. If it was Erol Otus, you could probably name your price.

http://www.munchkinpress.com

Look through the gallery here, primarily illustration art, but there are some TSR pieces like this one currently for sale

Tony Szczudlo TSR Cover for 'Birthright' - Cities of the Sun

Art is 30"x22" and framed. . $1,500.

There are over 30 pieces up there from artists like Easley and Elmore

Good luck

I have been looking for Erol Otus vintage TSR art for over 15 years....never even a sniff.C

On that link I posted one person has a couple of charatcers up and that is all that I have seen. At the Illuxcon in November a few of the 2nd generation TSR artists will be there so I am hoping to see some of the oldvintae artwork surface, but I am not holding my breath.

On that link I posted one person has a couple of charatcers up and that is all that I have seen. At the Illuxcon in November a few of the 2nd generation TSR artists will be there so I am hoping to see some of the oldvintae artwork surface, but I am not holding my breath.

Well it's not Erol but I have seen the original cover art painting to the 1st edition of the Monster Manual in a friend's collection.

Other than that pieces are few and far between.

C

I would LOVE to see some of this stuff crop up. I wish I could tell you where on CAF I saw this stuff, but there was some of the original Larry Elmore Dragonlance material on display. Un-frickin-real.

:gossip: I have the original painting for this one. Bought directly from Tim Truman. :cloud9: Payed $455.00

64355.jpg.8cfc3e1def82cb9ed1b8f4db57acd619.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mac Man

gossip.gif I have the original painting for this one. Bought directly from Tim Truman. cloud9.gif Payed $455.00

Nice piece Jeffro.

What did Erol do?

He was responsible for all the module art from that 1st edition....1979-1983 or so...so many great images. The art might not look all that intricate or deep compared to the master illustrators that came later but it tugs on the nostalgia strings like almost nothing else.

Just looking at these things and I am back at the kitchen table in 1980 rolling those dice.

I will post some images in a few.

C

gossip.gif I have the original painting for this one. Bought directly from Tim Truman. cloud9.gif Payed $455.00

Wanna a GIC 87?

I have a GIC 87 for trade! :wishluck:

What did Erol do?

Just looking at these things and I am back at the kitchen table in 1980 rolling those dice.

C

I am picturing a still from the episode of Freaks and Geeks where they got James Franco to play in the kitchen on a Friday night in 1980. Were you Bill?