• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Fed up with EBAY?

130 posts in this topic

THANKS , I will try that phone #. But the damage is already done, even when the 30 days is up, This will happen again. No Ebay did not give me any warning whatsoever. I did have a handful of auctions ending that day. I lost them due to this BS. What if this happens again & I have over $10K worth of stuff ending. As a seller on Ebay & now there is NO protection for sellers, I Cannot take that chance. I don't feel I have to hold my breath or walk on eggshells everyday to see if I am going to make a sale. It is just like setting up for a convention & being told to leave after setting up.

In the disputes, I said I can prove that I was NOT making any extra $$ on shipping, I charge what UPS or the Post office charges me.

I just got an email answer from Ebay about my 30 day suspension & it has nothing to do with shipping at all, One Buyer complained that he did not get his package. I guess that what they mean by low seller performance 99.6%. A negative Feedback matters more than the 500 + in 1 years time. One complaint gets you 30 days. I am going to fight this.

I am glad I am not the only one here that it has happened to (Not really Glad) Ebay is going to lose in the longrun, I do hope they fall hard.

It is simple, go to the UPS website punch in a NJ or NYC or any zip code in the east coast zip code & a Californiaor any other west coast zip code, Each package weighs 30 lbs, It is 5 of these packages, total weight 150lbs.

I can put that to rest now . The weight is no longer the issue for my suspension. It is one person who says he did not get his package.

I don't understand this suspension thing. Why are eBay suspending sellers now? Is this new because i've never heard of it happening before unless the person receives 3 NPB alerts, is a scammer, doesn't pay their fees or repeatedly breaks rules (like selling copyrighted material).

Never heard of being suspended because 1 person claims they didn't receive their item.

It is one person who says he did not get his package

And you didn't know about it???...

If you ask me ...I think you have not been paying close enough attention to details involving your sales on eBay...

Instead of ragging on eBay...how about trying to figure what you can do better in the future...You may want eBay to fail but what about the rest of us that actually make money and sometimes thrive on the venue...

If you can't handle the heat then perhaps you are better off elsewhere on the web... 2c

Originally Posted By: JvR11
 Originally Posted By: topnotchman
You say they thought your shipping was excessive, please explain what you are charging for shipping. Ebay has new rules in regards to excessive shipping.

You know I think why they are going to this excessive shipping is because they don't charge you extra fees on shipping like they do on the auction portion. I bet the next thing for ebay to do is just charge you %fees on total balance regardless of shipping.

Ebay owns Paypal and Paypal does charge fees on postage...

I've always loved Ebay, but the bloom is off for me, lately. I'll still list there, but I really try not to. I haven't been happy since they started hiding IDs...and I just sold some china, that I have to send, with Paypal HOLDING the money for 21 days and I have a LOT of feedback.

I was thinking ebay not paypal. Yea, paypal is another story!

I got to tell you my ridiculous PayPal/Ebay incident. First off the buyer won a book for $9.99 a CGC 9.4 graded 1972 comic (great price right?). I charged the $8 dollars to ship via priority mail + Ins. + Confirmation. Now mind you I always check my cgc cases for cracks and so on. The buyer received the book 2 days later , left positive feedback, than the following day decided to open a dispute that the CGC case is now miraculously cracked? What the ? Anyway he then e-mails me demanding a $11 refund in order to re-submit the book to CGC to replace the case. You got to be kidding me right, an $11 dollar refund for a $9.99 item? WoW! Get outa here. Anyway I once again explained the policy we have for selling our books on ebay and he out right refused to take it up with the Post Office eventhough the package was insured.

He than opened a PayPal dispute and has since won the refund.

I will never ever again accept PayPal on Ebay.

All I have to say is

W.T.F!!!!!

Quote:

If you ask me ...I think you have not been paying close enough attention to details involving your sales on eBay...

Instead of ragging on eBay...how about trying to figure what you can do better in the future...You may want eBay to fail but what about the rest of us that actually make money and sometimes thrive on the venue...

If you can't handle the heat then perhaps you are better off elsewhere on the web... 2c

No offense but you've been railing pretty hard on Hotflips. You're beginning to sound like an Ebay apologist. For the most part, based on my experience with Hotflips and others' experiences of anti-sellers Ebay policies, I'm going to give Hotflips the benefit of the doubt.

I got to tell you my ridiculous PayPal/Ebay incident. First off the buyer won a book for $9.99 a CGC 9.4 graded 1972 comic (great price right?). I charged the $8 dollars to ship via priority mail + Ins. + Confirmation. Now mind you I always check my cgc cases for cracks and so on. The buyer received the book 2 days later , left positive feedback, than the following day decided to open a dispute that the CGC case is now miraculously cracked? What the ? Anyway he then e-mails me demanding a $11 refund in order to re-submit the book to CGC to replace the case. You got to be kidding me right, an $11 dollar refund for a $9.99 item? WoW! Get outa here. Anyway I once again explained the policy we have for selling our books on ebay and he out right refused to take it up with the Post Office eventhough the package was insured.

He than opened a PayPal dispute and has since won the refund.

I will never ever again accept PayPal on Ebay.

All I have to say is

W.T.F!!!!!

Just saw a new ebay policy that starts sept. 16th. Paypal payments only!!! No paper payments or checkouts allowed. What a piece of mess system. Why can't someone else come to the rescue??

Originally Posted By: ArAich
 Quote:

No offense but you've been railing pretty hard on Hotflips. You're beginning to sound like an Ebay apologist. For the most part, based on my experience with Hotflips and others' experiences of anti-sellers Ebay policies, I'm going to give Hotflips the benefit of the doubt.
By asking questions?!?!?!... :screwy:I'm no apologist and I haven't been "railing pretty hard"...I just don't buy into one side of the story until I have the facts...I have yet to hear any substantial facts to damn eBay...

Originally Posted By: Transplant
 Quote:

By asking questions?!?!?!... screwy.gif

I'm no apologist and I haven't been "railing pretty hard"...I just don't buy into one side of the story until I have the facts...

I have yet to hear any substantial facts to damn eBay...

How about this little tidbit today?eBay is moving to an electronic Checkout system, banning checks, money orders and postal orders. Accepted payment methods will include merchant credit card accounts, ProPay, and PayPal, effective late October.

Quote:

I'm no apologist and I haven't been "railing pretty hard"...I just don't buy into one side of the story until I have the facts...

How about this little tidbit today?

eBay is moving to an electronic Checkout system, banning checks, money orders and postal orders. Accepted payment methods will include merchant credit card accounts, ProPay, and PayPal, effective late October.

What does that have to do with Hotflips predicament???.. (shrug)

Quote:

How about this little tidbit today?

eBay is moving to an electronic Checkout system, banning checks, money orders and postal orders. Accepted payment methods will include merchant credit card accounts, ProPay, and PayPal, effective late October.

What does that have to do with Hotflips predicament???.. \(shrug\)

You're right. It doesn't. Just an example of Ebay policies.As for Hotflips, you're doling out advice on them needing to pay more attention to the details of their transactions, but the truth is that neither you nor I know all the facts behind what happened. Your tone comes across the internets as a little condescending. My 2c

Ebay must be hurting - I recently got a phone call from them wanting to give me tips on how to get more for what I sell on ebay - and I have only listed a few dozen items in the last year.

Bulk emailing to drive business is one thing - but individual phone calls?

I just got an email answer from Ebay about my 30 day suspension & it has nothing to do with shipping at all, One Buyer complained that he did not get his package. I guess that what they mean by low seller performance 99.6%. A negative Feedback matters more than the 500 + in 1 years time. One complaint gets you 30 days. I am going to fight this.

I am glad I am not the only one here that it has happened to (Not really Glad) Ebay is going to lose in the longrun, I do hope they fall hard.

Looks like stockton374 was probably the culprit.Based on his feedback left for others, he has a PayPal address that is >not< the one that he wants the items shipped to.I know that invalid contact information will get you a suspension, but I don't know if having different addresses is a violation.In the meanwhile you might want to contact eBay support again (for all its worth) and try to get that issue clarified. It may help getting you re-instated a bit faster than 30 days.Hope that helps!Larry

For the most part, based on my experience with Hotflips and others' experiences of anti-sellers Ebay policies, I'm going to give Hotflips the benefit of the doubt.

OK, I hear ya, but the claim of a lost package should never hurt the seller. The rules say that in order to be protected you need to use a shipping service with delivery confirmation. If DC says it arrived, you are pretty much guaranteed to win a dispute.

My opinion on the story of the cracked holder: Never fight a situation like that. Don't argue, comment, or engage with the buyer at all. Simply answer every email with "Please return the item for a full refund". Answer all the Ebay/paypal dispute screens the same way.