• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help needed: Canadian Spider-man 'Comicorama' issues

8 posts in this topic

Canadian publisher Editions Héritage published 'Létonnant Spider-man' in french language during the 1970's and 1980's, these were distributed only in Quebec in low quantities. There are 144 issues in total (the numbering ends with #191 but some were double issues). They pop up on eBay now and then, some issues are very scarce but they are not impossible to find.

If any of you collect these issues you probably know that they are often found with damages to the spine, a result of them being ripped out of 'Comicorama' issues, which collected about 3-4 ordinary issues and glue-bound them together with a new cover.

There are many damaged spines out there which means the Comicorama issues must have sold well - but no one seem to have kept them! The information available about these issues is meagre at best.

I recently acquired issue #1056 from 1978. Other than that, I have only seen four issues containing Spider-man. I have pictures of all of them but need information about what issue numbers they are and what years they were published. Also if you have any other Comicorama issues with Spider-man covers not pictured here, please post pictures!

Issue #1039

Year Unknown

comicorama1039dp9.jpg

Issue #1056

Year 1978

comicorama781056cd3.jpg

Issue #1083

Year Unknown

comicorama1083vd5.jpg

Issue # Unknown

Year 1972

comicorama7201mg4.jpg

Issue # Unknown

Year Unknown

comicorama7xxxsx6.jpg

Here you go!

NON-ASM Cover Art

Issue #1039

Year Unknown

comicorama1039dp9.jpg

ASM 137

Issue #1056

Year 1978

comicorama781056cd3.jpg

NON-ASM Cover Art

Issue #1083

Year Unknown

comicorama1083vd5.jpg

ASM 166

Issue # Unknown

Year 1972

comicorama7201mg4.jpg

ASM 171

Issue # Unknown

Year Unknown

comicorama7xxxsx6.jpg

Mac Man, please, I can describe all the ASM covers in my sleep... but I can't make out the issue numbers of the specific Comicorama issues from those blurry pictures. And those pictures are all I have. My only hope is that someone on these boards recognize one or several of the issues and maybe has it in his collection, or is better at research than me.

Sorry if I came out sounding like an , I didn't mean to. I really appreciate any help I can get, any information you may have about these Comicorama issues is very helpful. Keep your eyes open, let me know if any old or new examples turn up.

I know I have one with a Vulture cover somewhere (it looks like a reinterpretation of a Marvel ASM issue in the 200-300 range). If I find it I'll post it. If my memory serves me correct, I may also have a few Superman issues. The only other book I know to have from this publisher is an oversized treasury edition of Star Wars, otherwise I can't say I've seen them all too often

StarWars_French_front.jpg

Sorry if I came out sounding like an , I didn't mean to. I really appreciate any help I can get, any information you may have about these Comicorama issues is very helpful. Keep your eyes open, let me know if any old or new examples turn up.

I'll PM you the e-mail of a private collector/dealer on the South shore of Montreal who has a huge inventory of French translated and European comic books & magazine. It's scary the stuff that he has! :cloud9:

He's the guy who helped me finished my Interpresse Batman run and start my Interpresse Superman run with the first 100 issues I was looking for :grin:

I'm sure he can provide the info and certainly has some for sale (if that's what you are looking for also) (thumbs u

Frederic