• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1602 #4 (Spoiler Alert)

17 posts in this topic

Wow! Was that a good issue or what? Didn't like that you could see Doom's face, but other than that, the best issue so far. The twist w/ "Scarlett Witch" (is that right?) and DD was nice.

But, the best part, by far, is that the FF are still alive! I'm assuming that it is "Reed" that Doom is getting his scientific secrets from (in exchange for the lives of his friends).

So, anybody have an idea what the 'weapon' is yet??? Is it the same thing that "snowbird" (?) touched when she was a child?

Chris

Twist was Black Widow backstabbing DD confused.gif

The weapon is a "gold bowling ball" - I'm still saying Cosmic Cube.

Banner gets mentioned as a subordinate to King James of Scotland. Origin of Virginia Dare follows that story posted on here by kevthemev of traditional lore about the disappearance of the Roanoke colony and the shapeshifting into white deer.

The FF alive? that booming was the Thing? The guy in the room surrounded by water was the torch and Mister F giving up secrets...is it the FF from our timeline. Where's Sue? Why can Johnny flame on? there is air... and why can't they break out of a medieval dungeon with their powers...totally 893frustrated.gif me when reading this...

Developing relationship between Parquagh and Dare (blonde = Gwen Stacy link?)...

Twist was Black Widow backstabbing DD

That's it. Black Widow, not Scarlett Witch.

The FF alive?

That's what I'm assuming. Remember in Murdocks song, the FF went missing awhile ago. Maybe they didn't die, but were taken hostage? It makes sense for a couple reasons:

First, it'd be a little strange to have a comic based alot on the SA Marvel Universe, and not include the FF. Add that Doom is the main baddie (along w/ Magneto).

Second, in the Murdock songs, he speaks of a "Captain" for the FF. I'm guessing he is referring to "Ben Grimm". He was the pilot of the FF's ship. Doom then speaks to the "Boom! -er" and calls him "Captain".

I'd guess "Johnny's" power is nulified by the water filled cell he is in. Again, Doom makes a comment like, "Enough water in there for you?" (Obviously, I'm paraphrasing.

When Doom speaks to (who I'm guessing is) "Reed", they discuss science. Doom states that w/ "his" (Reed's) mind, they can accomplish great things. "Reed" even talks about light perhaps having a speed (I thin veiled references to the Negative Zone and time travel?)

At least, that's what I got out of the whole thing.

Chris

That's definitely the FF. Remember the mountain shaking "boom" that lead into the scene where they're revealed? I assumed that was Ben doing his "Thing." The rest were alluded to pretty strongly. I can't wait until this thing wraps up. It's just nutty so far and Gaiman isn't likely to disappoint in terms of the ending.

. I can't wait until this thing wraps up. It's just nutty so far and Gaiman isn't likely to disappoint in terms of the ending.

Agree 100% w/ that statement! A really enjoyable read!

Chris

Hmmm, I haven't picked up this series yet as I was gonna wait for the trade. But you guys have got me intrigued, sounds like good stuff.

What are the chances of still picking up the first issues?

Pretty good. My LCS has a sh!tload of all 4 issues. Doesn't seem to be selling too well here in the heartland... and I'm not surprised (of course, I've never seen Gaiman's appeal and the art looks rushed to me).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

(of course, I've never seen Gaiman's appeal and the art looks rushed to me).

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Chris

My comment was tame compared to what my LCS owner said about 1602... I can't use some of his words on such a public forum...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Hmmm, I haven't picked up this series yet as I was gonna wait for the trade. But you guys have got me intrigued, sounds like good stuff.

Pretty good. My LCS has a sh!tload of all 4 issues. Doesn't seem to be selling too well here in the heartland... and I'm not surprised (of course, I've never seen Gaiman's appeal and the art looks rushed to me).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

What part of the heartland, Fan? And I agree about Gaiman AND the art.

I got the first three if you can't get them,..just pm me your mailing address and i'll send them. grin.gif

I got the first three if you can't get them,..just pm me your mailing address and i'll send them. grin.gif

I meant free. i don't want any cash for them