• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things You Like On This Board

53 posts in this topic

The Selling Forum. I've bought more books from just one forumite in the last 6 months than I have the last 2 years on Ebay or anywhere else excluding my LCS.

I think that the existence of a "for sale" board is indicative of a pretty cool level of trust and openness. (This was true at the valiantcomics board too) The only trepidation I feel when buying out of a sales thread is "This means I have to drink crappy beer for a month!" as opposed to "I hope this guy doesn't rip me off."

(thumbs u

im pretty damn new, but i like the fact that people always give good info and honest answers to things. the veterans on the forums also dont mind answering newbie questions for people like me.

quickly, multiplied my comic knowledge a hundred times.

thanks all

laff-a-minute cd4ever sales threads...,

and pee jars, cause sometimes these damm diapers just itch something terrible..., :sumo:

I usually don't get enough aggrevation during the day. That's why I come here.

That and the endless supply of knowledge.

The threads leading up to conventions.

Finally getting to meet people I have known for years.

Comics

New Friends

Networking

And finally getting the chance to buy a book from Mr. Borock.

a lot of knowledge on these boards and a fair # of people with knowledge in other areas too.

and some nice books for sale at nice prices.

of course, when it comes time to sell anything you guys can be a tough crowd unless it's NM+ and about 90% off guide. just kidding, i'm as bad as anyone here i suppose. my frame of reference for what vintage material is "worth" is circa 1995 or so prices.

Uh... uh...... ummmm....

Can I get back to you on that one?

Seriously, the amount that I've learned, the people I've met in person and online, and having a place to share the hobby. Until I joined the boards, I didn't really know anybody else who collected.

I love it when greggy shows us his junk. :luhv:

hm

:eek: I was assuming he meant comic books..., but I guess you never know..., :blush:

Too many reasons to write down, and many have already been mentioned so I guess I will just say I love the drama. Oh the drama, self inflicted and otherwise.

We are one big dysfunctional family, whats not to like?

Things I like:

Ze-man's unsolicited ramblings.

Getting groped by greggy.

Waiting for Borock to trash somebody on the forums.

Flaming Telepath, Zipper, Bedrock and a miriad of other posters that are so cool, calm and collected that they actually stabilize the boards.

Buying cool books.

Cold beer in the shower (after Yoghurt application of course).

Watching conversations that are more exciting than a NASCAR race.

Find out *spoon* Pontoon likes gay bars.

Read Ron Kasman's posts.

Hanging out in the GA forum. Something very peaceful about that place and if anyone ruins that I'll be all over them like a commie on propaganda!

Nik's sales threads.

Cd4ever's sales threads.

Reading Billy Parker's posts. That boy is a freak.

Intelligent debates.

Late night weekends on the boards.

All the people I've met.

All the things I've learned.

All the things I've learned to stay away from.

....sooo much more.

R.

Paratrooper's obsession

Doc Watson's sarcasm

An October sales thread. (even if I don't buy anything, it's fun, fun, fun to watch)

thirdgreeham's complete Big Five DC war collection. :o

All the folks who post in the various war threads.

I know that I don't contribute much on the subject of comics, but I do enjoy reading all of the information out there.

But if I had to choose one thing that I like most about being here is the sense of togetherness from many board members. I can tell you first hand that if you are in a bind or have some life changing event happen, some of the people here would give you the shirt off of their back if you needed it.

Besides all of the great folks that hang out here, this place is a fantastic resource for even the most veteran collector. This place is a perfect example of the phrase 'you learn something new every day' (here's to hoping that what we learn today is NOT presented in a flash animation of Greggy's junk).

Cool people, high knowledge, humor, talent, fantastic world-wide network. What's not to like?