• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things You Like On This Board

53 posts in this topic

There has to be a reason we all come here right? Other than the babe test thread...which I have only heard about...never actually seen it... :whistle:

Let's hear 'em.

:popcorn:

We're all here for one thing... our love of the four-colour world.

This is the only place I know of where I can actually still learn things about a subject that I have been actively involved in for over 30 years now. I spend far more time reading old threads than I do replying to new ones, but, rest assured, eventually I will be caught up, and will maybe have acquired enough knowledge to not step in :censored: ...

The sheer volume of history and knowledge and insider viewpoints that I have read in the short time I have been here is astounding... I feel like I have been living under a rock, only buying from local dealers and at cons and from ebay...

I'm thankful for having met Theagenes at this year's Megacon dinner after having exhanged PM's with him on the Boards for perhaps 6 months & who was kind enough to give me some collecting/reading advice yesterday which included these sweet scans for reference:

FeatureBook26fcsm.jpg

FourColor0010FNfcsm.jpg

SingleSeries20VGfcsm.jpg

Simply put, it overcomes the "tyranny of distance" when one wants to geek out on funny books.

When I began the endless quest of collecting comics, 40 :o years ago, there was no one to talk to about books. There were no references, everything was gleaned from casual contact, letters pages and the like.

Multiply that by living where I do and feel my (earlier) pain.

Thanks to Al Gore :whistle: , we are now able to traverse the geographic divide instantly, and lo, a community forms.

I, for one, am very grateful to CGC for investing in this board. And I have nary a single CGC'd book.

It is kind of like having a convention going on every day...but one in which the restraints are removed.I like the patience exhibited when more knowledgable members answer the same questions for newbs as if the inquiry had never been made before.I like the way we are able to poke fun at ourselves and our hobby, yet still taking it seriously.New friends :cloud9:, good deals on hard to find items :cloud9: ,anecdotes :cloud9: ,new horizons :cloud9: .GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There are many things I like about the boards. The knowledge, the humor, the general atmosphere of courtesy and respect (despite some notable exceptions), but more than anything the passion for this great fantasy world that we all love to collect and explore.

It was really this board that got me back into comics after a long hiatus. I've learned so much over the last few years from you guys and it's been a blast! I'm glad I finally got to meet some of you at Megacon this year and I hope to make it to one of the bigger shows in the future. Thanks to all of you! :)

threads like these:

Are there any keys here?

GI JOE

Avengers collecting thread

War Comics

Golden Age Collection

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

25 Cent Picture Frame Marvels

This week in your collection?

also awesome board sellers like:

NIk

Flaming Telepath

October

cd4ever

divad

blue808

and a bunch more i can't think of right now.

I like all the board members I have been able to meet. And many of them I consider true friends. the kind of people you can call and talk to about non-comic issues.

The kind that you just cant wait to see when you go to a comic show.

The kind that represent the word friend in its truest sense.

I fell lucky to have several of those people here.

This is the only place I know of where I can actually still learn things about a subject that I have been actively involved in for over 30 years now. The sheer volume of history and knowledge and insider viewpoints that I have read in the short time I have been here is astounding... I feel like I have been living under a rock, only buying from local dealers and at cons and from ebay...

What he said! (thumbs u