• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Honesty or stupidity?

Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?

68 posts in this topic

There have been a lot of polls about pressing, disclosure and ethics and honesty. Let's see how this works with a different subject. I. myself have never cheated on my wife but if there was no way the affair could be discovered, would you admit to it?

Hey Vince are you looking for permission? If you want to cheat then cheat. Everything has a price in this life. Just be sure you can afford it. (thumbs u

There have been a lot of polls about pressing, disclosure and ethics and honesty. Let's see how this works with a different subject. I. myself have never cheated on my wife but if there was no way the affair could be discovered, would you admit to it?

Hey Vince are you looking for permission? If you want to cheat then cheat. Everything has a price in this life. Just be sure you can afford it. (thumbs u

Nah...I have no reason or desire to do anything that immoral and that stupid. I got all that out of my system before I got married. The sixties and 70's were a good time for that.

One of the big bosses at an old firm I worked for once said "I would not trust any man who would not cheat on their wife."

No the "not" is not a typo.

You know what I like about you, Brian? Your ability to ignore the potentiality of a rush of "well, isn't that just like a lawyer" comments posting that sort of story would surely normally engender, were this thread actually being monitored by more than five people.

It's not everyone that can lob a softball at his own profession like that, and it is to be admired, albeit obliquely and without too much fanfare

One of the big bosses at an old firm I worked for once said "I would not trust any man who would not cheat on their wife."

You know what I like about you, Brian? Your ability to ignore the potentiality of a rush of "well, isn't that just like a lawyer" comments posting that sort of story would surely normally engender, were this thread actually being monitored by more than five people.

It's not everyone that can lob a softball at his own profession like that, and it is to be admired, albeit obliquely and without too much fanfare

I admired it from afar, but found the challenge lacking.

The truth hurts sometimes. From the DA's office to the plaintiff's bar to the large defense firms... I was (at one time) shocked at the level of infidelity I would encounter. Of course many lawyers are good people -- but I've got so many stories about some of the craziness... well, nothing ceases to amaze me anymore. Strangely enough, the DA's office was one of the biggest breeding grounds for the conduct.

Where's the "I have more respect than to do such a POS thing" option?

:thumbsup:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

if they cheat on their wives, there is a good chance they will cheat on grading your comics.

I disagree with that statement.

I dunno someone who cheats on his soulmate is someone who could cheat at anything and would upgrade f to nm in a blink. usually cheaters have no conscience. they start telling a little lie than a few more little lies, then they become a certified bulls*itter.

if they cheat on their wives, there is a good chance they will cheat on grading your comics.

I dunno someone who cheats on his soulmate is someone who could cheat at anything and would upgrade f to nm in a blink. usually cheaters have no conscience. they start telling a little lie than a few more little lies, then they become a certified bulls*itter.

So then, would you say that someone who over grades their comic books is more likely to cheat on their spouse?

You two need to come to an agreement on what "cheat" means as it relates to comics before you go all willy-nilly down that path, Doc.

You can't extrapolate like that. You can't make a blanket generalization about a person's character because life is much more complex than that. Suffice to say that people can be 100% rock solid in one area (Convict's code of honor for example) but not in another.

R.

EDIT because I don't want to sound like a troll.

In all aspects of life honesty is always the right answer. My brother calls it the "brutal truth" and it's easy to say too much but when in doubt stick to the truth.

It's so much easier to sleep at night, so you can be more productive during the day and therefore have more money and energy for buying cool books.

:cloud9:

I am not sure comparing disclosure in a sales situation to cheating is fair but it hit a nerve so here goes ....

:o

Life is full of temptations but as a wise man once said in every situation make the right decision. Being cheated on by someone you love is devastating and actually changes who you are and how you see the world from that day on.

Plus something in that relationship is broken in a way that can never be healed. In my opinion the cheater has only one choice - have enough respect for their loved one to come clean, apologize and face the consequences.

Those who cheat deserve to be alone ...

rantrant

could not answer the question, the option "I would never cheat on my wife in the first place" isnt provided.

Ditto.