• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevermind...

23 posts in this topic

I've always drove a "junker" for the most part so my family could have other luxuries. I have never owned a vehicle that cost me more than $2K, had less than 70K miles on it and was newer than 10 years of the current date at the time of purchase.

I'm not real keen on taking my Chevy S-10 with 140,000K miles on a long trek and plus my sense of direction is downright awful and "clearly" I don't own a navigation system.

Some day maybe I'll own some semi-new vehicle that's only like 5 years old with less than 40K miles and maybe is worth as much as an Avengers 57 9.6.

:juggle:

Take 95 South until you get to baltimoron. Enough car guys will be there so if something breaks, you can get it fixed.

Do it, do it, do it :baiting:

renting a car would be cheap... especially since you already have car insurance, probably $30 a day.

Just take Amtrak to Baltimore Penn Station. In Penn station you can switch to a local train called the light rail which goes to downtown Baltimore. Get off at Camden Yards and the convention center will be a block away. Try not to wander too far north of that area at night :o . You also check the Maryland MTA website for the light rail train schedules.

renting a car would be cheap... especially since you already have car insurance, probably $30 a day.

And be sure to get a Hybrid....you'll save on feul costs as well... (thumbs u

amtrak is your best bet if you want to kick back and get there at a decent time . That's what I'm taking from NY .. 3.5 hours, so it should be less for you...
Sweet nap opportunity

rantrant

Damn, a board member went and got married and now I have to spend some money.

Can I hear squeak squeak of that wallet refusing to come out of the back pocket.

9.8 Hulk #181's and can't buy a decent running car.

Somehow it all makes sense :baiting:

amtrak is your best bet if you want to kick back and get there at a decent time . That's what I'm taking from NY .. 3.5 hours, so it should be less for you...
Sweet nap opportunity
Very sweet

rantrant

Damn, a board member went and got married and now I have to spend some money.

Can I hear squeak squeak of that wallet refusing to come out of the back pocket.

9.8 Hulk #181's and can't buy a decent running car.

Somehow it all makes sense :baiting:

The title was supposed to be humorous. (shrug) Perhaps it didn't come across as such. I'll have to ask Brian if he took it the way you did.

:makepoint: You apparently skipped over the part where I explained "why" I choose to drive a junker. I've been "resistant" to liquidate even more* books just to upgrade my vehicle, because cars decrease in value and would be virtually worthless (in comparison) when the time comes to help fund (2) daughter's college educations... only 3 years away for the first :eek: . That said, I may finally do so when my divorce nightmare finalizes... at that point I probably will be able to rationalize spending a little $$ on myself outside comics (which were never going to be mine forever)... plus I would like to get laid again :/

*I actually sold $20K worth of books (which was not easy) to our mutual friend Sullypython last year including my "prized possession" Hulk 181 9.8. Instead of buying myself a $3-$5K car from those funds as I was hoping... the "new pool" I bought for my kids cost considerably more than it should have (surprise) and I didn't want to "take back" other items I promised to both my kids and soon the be ex-wife from the sale... like the high end digital camera, video recorder, etc.

So, I ended up with nothing for myself... again ( I know "boo hoo poor me")... except for some hugs, kisses and smiles that I certainly value more than the better vehicle.

As for the "cheap" thing... I guess at the heart of it I really am on some things... and not on others. All the expenses associated with going to an out-of-state con really add up. Between transportation, lodging, etc. a 3-day show can cost you $300-$500 BEFORE you even get to food and drink. I would much rather spend more on the latter if at all possible and look to cut on the front end. The group dinners/interaction and "drinking" during the cons are the highlight for me. I don't attend "to sell" and can't write it all off... and although I'd love to claim otherwise, I rarely "find" enough raw gems to make a significant dent in deferring the costs.

Plus... it "always" crosses my mind what I could add to the collection if I stay home... just can't help it. lol

So put that in your budinsky bipolar hat and smoke it :kidaround:

Bruce,

Damn, man. You are too sensitive. Surely you know by now that Bob's sense of humor is as dry as a Necco wafer.

Jim

BTW... I decided not to ask about the divorce and how it relates to JC's "alternative lifestyle" reference in another thread.

:hi:

lol

Jim,

It's more that I'm predisposed to "explain myself too much" and also have a penchant for being "long-winded" in this abridged, in & out, short attention span world we live in where several sentences or two paragraphs "seem" like a novel to many.

Bob didn't hurt my feelings or anything, but there was a little more than humor in his post if you ask me... so, I'm just givin' it back a little. Plus... I've been under attack in one form or another for the past 2+ years... and sometimes it's a little tough to tell. No matter how good my intentions or actions... I'm constantly getting kicked in the pills anyway.

As for the "alternative lifestyle" comment JC was bustin' on... it was in my sales thread when I poorly formed a sentence relating to the term "straight" and how it pertained to my "willingness to party" and I lumped "lifestyle" on the wrong side doh! I expect to hear from that for a couple of more years lol ... and now it's gonna' even be harder to get someone to split a room with.

:roflmao:

:boo:

I'm just gonna' scrap this idea... I just heard the Amtrack is a long way from the next form of transportation to get into center city. With my luck (and directional stupidity), I'll walk the wrong way an get knifed for wearing an Eagle jersey.

I just heard the Amtrack is a long way from the next form of transportation to get into center city. With my luck (and directional stupidity), I'll walk the wrong way an get knifed for wearing an Eagle jersey.

light rail map

amtrak goes to penn station

light rail leaves penn station and goes to camden yards

get off train at camden yards

walk across street

see internet buddies, drink beer, buy comics

:foryou: