• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AAaarrghh! I'm Screeming!

3 posts in this topic

So, I get this phonecall from my cousin's husband. He's at a horror convention in Kentucky last week, & he tells me he's at a booth with a load of b&w horror mags. He starts reading off the Creepy & Eerie numbers, both runs started at # 2 if I recall. Impressive runs, but the $$ were too much to justify w/out seeing the stuff.

Anyway, I ask him if there are any Skywalds. I hear him ask the dealer, and I hear the dealer say "yeah right here, I've got Nightmare, Psycho, Scream."

He tells me that there are copies of Scream 7 & 9 for $8 each. I ask him to pick them up for me to complete my run. He ends up scoring them for only $12 total. Not bad!

When I go to get them, turns out they are copies of "Screem," which is a horror movie mag. doh!

Sorry to hear that, man... I had a similar experience with the last couple of issues I needed to complete my Scream run... seller assured me they were Skywald Screams, but when they got here, they were the British mag... Thankfully, they were really nice copies, and I didn't overpay for them, so I kept them anyway, but still...