• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When is Stan the Mans next signing?

25 posts in this topic

anyone getting one together?

Just send me an e-mail at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com and I will send you details about getting your book(s) signed by Stan Lee.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Chandler, does this mean you're lining up another session? If so... boy, I might be sorely tempted. Too bad Stan's not doing an appearance at B-more, but I know he limits his East Coast visits.

Ok, I know it was a joke, but you should appreciate the fact that he's doing it. He's 85 years old. He's been in the industry for about 70 years. I consider myself very lucky to have his signatures on work that spans a half a century. Most 85 year-olds stay at home sipping warm milk and taking long naps. Stan is active and engaged in his work. Can you think of any other example in your life of someone who has worked that hard? Show some respect.

I think the fact that we still honor him and hold his work in such high esteem shows a respect for him that's rarely duplicated. The idea that we're willing to pay whatever amount of money for him to write his name on our valuable comics does show him not only respect but also gratitude, appreciation, and reverence.

I think you're preaching to the choir when you talk about Stan's work ethic. It's good that a tounge-in-cheek joke can be made about him while still placing him on that pedistal. So relax! Stan is still the man.

I'm new to posting so please forgive me if I'm out of place, But I have been getting my comics back from CGC from the signing with Stan Lee this past June 21st @ Frank and Sonson's. I have only receive about have of my comics back so far. Half of my Comics have came back a full grade higher two of the four ASM#300"S that where submitted came back graded higher from 9.4's to 9.6's.Only one comic came back in a lower grade from CGC and that was my JIM#83 and that went from a 1.5 to 1.0. Honestly that comic was toast at the gate! But the over all grades have really helped my fear in resubmitting more comics for SS Sign's in the near future. Chandler and Sharon Rice where more than kind in allowing me to have my own personal comic's Signed myself. What a Gift! I don't know what got into the water at CGC but whatever it may be I'm interest in getting a bottle! I have several current auctions containing some of these comics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290254779919&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Thanks Chandler and Sharon!

OK, I promise to relax, eventually... I was unfortunately much further in the back of the line at the event on June 21, so I never got to see Stan because he became ill and had to leave early. There were a lot of people disappointed that day. Yet another reason not to take his signing for granted.

:hi:UPDATE ON STAN LEE SIGNINGS.

Please note that as of this date Stan Lee does not have any public mass comic book signings scheduled in the near future. Currently, getting books signed by Stan is done on an individual basis. Please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for additional details and an updated pricing and information data sheet.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics