• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prelim Covers?

2 posts in this topic

Every now and then while lurking through CAF or even eBay, now and again I'll come across prelim covers. They're "sketchier" than most commission / convention sketches I see, and often I'll see artist prelim cover sketches for titles they never worked on before.

So my question is this: why would an artist be doing a cover prelim for a title that they didn't work on? Am I missing something here? It'd be one thing to say, "hey, I've got the prelim for Steranko's Nick Fury cover #4" or "this is the prelim from one of Frenz's ASM covers," but "Miller's cover prelim for Care Bears #47?"

Anyone care to enlighten my newbish self?-) Thanks!

I'm not too sure although I would guess there are at least a few possibilities:

- a couple different artists were asked to sketch out a care bears 47 idea, only one got the job

- the auction is inaccurate and its not a prelim for that cover at all

- joe blow artist specialized in doing prelim work and would do the concept of the cover for miller and many others; miller or whomever would execute the final