• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion: The Worse GA covers of all time?

172 posts in this topic

Man that Superman 35 is funny but BAD, and the Green Lama makes me want to stick my finger down my throat. I hope for once I actually came up with a thread that was not done before? I dont know guys , I havent been around here too long,

This cover is simply stupid..."A Day of Evil at the Macy's Parade" lol

2800021466_ee3db44650_o.jpg

Appealing in its oddness. Can't even compete for worst!

Didn't issue 1 of this series come up in another thread, including some pages? BangZoom's place?

OT: Worst GA comic panel?

2800036196_d8eea9c8a6_o.jpg

YOW!

Tijuana bible?

Jack

How about "Dizzy Daze" Marvel Mystery #91, man that was awful.

bad indeed; funny that dizzy dale and doctor dill would both weigh in so heavily on this thread.

Great thread!, and here's my offering.

Victor Fox was right...why use Lou Fine when replacement cover artists of this high caliber were available?

43121-fantastic9sm.jpg

I have to agree with .5. I've always felt that this cover epitomizes the decline of fox books, which were once at the top when it came to cover art.

It is a lame image of ole captain cranium to be sure, but the damsel is a damn sight hotter than speedo boy on the Marvel Mystery

I do like the handling of the lady's face and shoulders...there's actually some nice subtlety to them. My guess is that the artist swiped her from a photo of some actress, as the rendering on Samson is so awful that it's hard to believe the same artist could have done both of them.

Not to mention that although Samson should be further away from the viewer, his head is three times bigger than the woman's.

No, no, you got that wrong. That's because Samson's a really big guy

:jokealert:

Pretty much any issue of 'All Flash" quarterly has a horribly drawn cover. I am glad I sold all of mine off.

I don't think the Timelys are so horrible. Usually just one or two poorly drawn faces. The all Winners #2 is ok other than submariner...I always hate how they draw Bucky's face like he's a doll or something

The Sampson cover is just horrible. Looks like they hired a 7 year old.

i dunno, other than the creepy nudity 48 isn't so bad. the anatomy on the 47 is kindah messed up...if you look his bicepts seem to be coming out his forearm. i think you can find much worse in the golden age.