• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion: The Worse GA covers of all time?

172 posts in this topic

Well DC has been second fiddle to Marvel for what, almost 50 years straight? hm That was right about the last time DC came up with an original idea. A top 10 list from 1960 to present would leave you hard pressed to squeeze a couple DC's in there (that's a fact). Just my 2c

You may want to check out what DC was doing in the 1980s as compared to Marvel:

Swamp Thing

Sandman

Dark Knight Returns

Watchmen

v.

West Coast Avengers

Secret Wars II

The New Universe

Quality-wise, DC hit the ball out of the part whereas Marvel was trying to recycle its 1960s glory.

This is for another thread but you compare Swamp Thing to the West Coast Avengers? lol There was still much better reading material in the 1980's with Marvel than there was with DC. You pick the 3 worse series for Marvel but left out the best one's? How about the X-Men in the 1980's, FF, Avengers, Daredevil.

True, I was selective in my choices, but in my several years here, I've become weary of the Marvel Zombies bashing DC because for the most part, they seem to do it out of inertia instead of any real knowledge of what DC has done and the quality work it managed to put out, especially in the 1980s.

And, IMNSHO, Avengers in the 1980s was unreadable (once Perez and Byrne left), X-Men lost steam about 150, and Daredevil was fairly weak after Miller left. FF in the 1980s under Byrne was great. I'd love to see that quality in FF now. I stopped reading it recently in disgust.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic...

Don't go dissing Rex! (tsk)

Rex was written tongue in cheek and is a good example of an "all ages" comic book that works for kids and adults.

64865.jpg

These worse covers are getting better every time I go on this thread. Man Ill say one thing, could NEVER stand those merry-go-round covers.

hey ya know crime happens at the county fair too. lol

Rex was written tongue in cheek and is a good example of an "all ages" comic book that works for kids and adults.

64865.jpg

You tell him, Adam!

WOOF! WOOF!

It seems that nothing can match the Judy Canova from all that I have seen so far. 2nd would be "Hello pal"( which reminds me of that Saw movie doll), and the others would be third ?

64865.jpg

Actually I'm quite fond of ole Rex! :foryou:

Most of the covers are well done too, but this one always makes me groan! doh!

I think it's that stupid blank expression on his face like they gave him a lobotomy along with the headress!