• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC graded books storage: Warning !

48 posts in this topic

I'm confused as well....................

It is also the first day back at college. That might have something to do with it too.

Congrats!

Thanks. I only had two classes for the first day.

HIS 345- Medeival Civilization

HIS 250- Military History to 1815

Needless to say, I've got a bunch of reading already. doh!

I have a hard time believing that vibration could get them down enough to cause actual damage. Maybe it would cause them to settle to the bottom, but I think you'd need a bit more force to actually crinkle the paper. I'm guessing they settled and then the box was moved (I'd blame in this order: kids, pets, ghosts, spouse - just to avoid conflict) a time or two to jar them down.

I don't know if i'm alone in this situation but after several years of being vertically stored, it seems that some of my comics now suffer from light damage at the bottom (like a mini SCS damage)... :(

I don't have the scans to prove what i'm saying now, i'll try to post them later.

I now have decided to store them horizontally (as shown in my HBD thread).

It sucks.

It's because you're French. It's another[\I] CGG plot.

I only had two classes for the first day.

HIS 345- Medeival Civilization

HIS 250- Military History to 1815

So the quality of a college education has come to this! doh!

I don't know if i'm alone in this situation but after several years of being vertically stored, it seems that some of my comics now suffer from light damage at the bottom (like a mini SCS damage)... :(

I don't have the scans to prove what i'm saying now, i'll try to post them later.

I now have decided to store them horizontally (as shown in my HBD thread).

It sucks.

It's because you're French.

Finally - a plausible explanation :applause: