• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC graded books storage: Warning !

48 posts in this topic

I don't know if i'm alone in this situation but after several years of being vertically stored, it seems that some of my comics now suffer from light damage at the bottom (like a mini SCS damage)... :(

I don't have the scans to prove what i'm saying now, i'll try to post them later.

I now have decided to store them horizontally (as shown in my HBD thread).

It sucks.

I don't know if i'm alone in this situation but after several years of being vertically stored, it seems that some of my comics now suffer from light damage at the bottom (like a mini SCS damage)... :(

I don't have the scans to prove what i'm saying now, i'll try to post them later.

It sucks.

:( sorry to hear it...

Just keep on rotating your stock every six months :acclaim:

I put mine on one of those rotating wienie roasters...., without the heat and light, of course...., ;)

It sucks.

Are you just messing with everyone? Books stored in in regular bags & boards are usually vertical. Do they get damaged? How would a book be damaged incased in the CGC well unless you were dropping them? Maybe you have a gremlin in your house.

Unless there was extreme overhang I'm going to have to say the books were dropped. Does anyone else have access to the books other than you?

R.

It sucks.

Are you just messing with everyone? Books stored in in regular bags & boards are usually vertical. Do they get damaged? How would a book be damaged incased in the CGC well unless you were dropping them? Maybe you have a gremlin in your house.

CGC does/did use that little plastic blade/clip thing at the tops and bottoms of books did they not? And couldn't that sort of pressure over time start to damage paper as it dries out and hardens?

It sucks.

Well that is a bummer, I guess my question would be is it possible that these incured damage before being stored?, and you were just not aware of it until you looked closely upon taking the books out again after a period of time being stored.

I just cant see some books incuring damage and others didn't unless the bottom edges were vastly different and even then it would be the result of blunt impact as opposed to sitting in a box. That said the damage is still there, would like to see some scans when you get time.

It sucks.

Well that is a bummer, I guess my question would be is it possible that these incured damage before being stored?, and you were just not aware of it until you looked closely upon taking the books out again after a period of time being stored.

I just cant see some books incuring damage and others didn't unless the bottom edges were vastly different and even then it would be the result of blunt impact as opposed to sitting in a box. That said the damage is still there, would like to see some scans when you get time.

Page quality. Inconsistent use of the plastic wedges. Differing sizes of books. There's your variables. :makepoint: