• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA FF Double cover question

7 posts in this topic

I'm not a huge SA fan..mostly a copper/modern cat

anyway, i picked up a handful of SA FFs in the 50% off bin at my LCS for some reading material...much to my surprise, my FF 95 had a double cover! Needless to say, I was happy i spent the $8 on it ;)

the outer cover looks like a 6.5 and the 2nd cover looks like a solid 9.2 with a shot at a 9.4

Should i sell this raw? Should I get this slabbed as a double cover? What is worth bc of the double cover?? (shrug) Just looking for some opinions, i guess...certainly SOMEONE out there would have interest in this book...

I could always just just rip off the 1st cover and get it slabbed for the 9.4 shot hm

what should i do?

DO NOT RIP OFF THE FIRST COVER!!!!

If nothing else, this is a cool collectible in its own right. There are several of us on the boards who focus on double covers, and the fact that it's a bronze age Marvel superhero book just makes the book more desirable.

Now that you recognize the added value of this gem, I would like to lowball you on it so it could become part of my collection. Sell it to me!

JB

Agreed, do not rip the cover off. Hard to say on value.....these things vary widely. If the inner cover is truly 9.2/9.4 territory, then the minimum value would be 30-40 dollars with a shot at a bidding war bring it well over 100. Not sure slabbing will help that much, I believe most double cover collectors 'eat it raw'. List it on ebay, be sure to use the words 'double cover' in the title and see what happens..

My 2c