• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

:applause: Hiyo!

>

scan0100-10.jpg

P.S.

With this... brings me and this thread to my 1000th Comic-scan Post for this thread, another batch of 100 to come for next Tuesday! :acclaim:

Let me apologize for all the other viewers who can't say thanks at least once in a while for you posting these covers. (tsk)

:makepoint: Hiyo!

< :cry: >

scan0075-10.jpg

scan0074-10.jpg

These covers are great imo, makes me wanna buy those comics and read them

:taptaptap: Hiyo!

Yeah, definitely missing this series run... thought they could have kept the title-going, but just spray-painted "Red" infront of "Robin" to keep the "numbering" going, while Tim Drake/Wayne wears the "new cowl".

Do not understand why not, but eh... :whistle:

>

scan0100-10.jpg

P.S.

With this... brings me and this thread to my 1000th Comic-scan Post for this thread, another batch of 100 to come for next Tuesday! :acclaim:

Let me apologize for all the other viewers who can't say thanks at least once in a while for you posting these covers. (tsk)

:taptaptap: Hiyo!

Thanks a lot, I know my thread gets tons of "views"... just wish the "posting" was more popular to do, besides just viewing, so this thread gets a well-deserved "sticky".

One day the "sticky" will come... :eyeroll:

P.S.

Stay-tuned for Tuesday, or Wednesday... :ohnoez:

<... very haunting, :whistle: >

scan0090-10.jpg

I like this cover a lot, it's an homage to all the older Rock vrs. German tank covers. The older covers show him either shooting the bazooka or getting ready to. This one shows how he gets the weapon in the first place! (thumbs u

:ohnoez: Hiyo!

Welcome, welcome... ladies and gentleman DC-readers!

Today I bring you an annoucement...

WARNING! The material to be shown will cause the following... neck-aches and pains from constant performance of spontaneous double-takes, loss of functionality with your eyes that may result in blurred and/or complete loss of sight/vision, loss of motor-function to your jaw that could result in a sudden jaw-drop (Please be sure to hold your jaw when looking through material on this thread), sudden and uncontrollable large amounts of fluids that would either result to an over-flow or foaming from the mouth, and deep hunger pains for all things DC related!

>

scan0001-11.jpg

Heyo Unrested Spectre!

I finally took a look and man, 80 pages. Wow. Well done! I applaud your never-give-up attitude and hope this thread will someday be a sticky! How do they decide on it anw?

Okay, I used to be a strictly Marvel fan and the only DC comics I have are those that I bought in bulk from another collector. I have lots of what you posted (Black Canary Wedding Special, JLA Hitman etc) I'm lazy scanning my own stuff for sale but after seeing the incredible amount of effort you're putting in, I'll double up my efforts and contribute something.

Can you guess what's the first cover I have in mind? :)

Keep up the good work!

Heyo Unrested Spectre!

I finally took a look and man, 80 pages. Wow. Well done! I applaud your never-give-up attitude and hope this thread will someday be a sticky! How do they decide on it anw?

Okay, I used to be a strictly Marvel fan and the only DC comics I have are those that I bought in bulk from another collector. I have lots of what you posted (Black Canary Wedding Special, JLA Hitman etc) I'm lazy scanning my own stuff for sale but after seeing the incredible amount of effort you're putting in, I'll double up my efforts and contribute something.

Can you guess what's the first cover I have in mind? :)

Keep up the good work!

:angel: Hiyo!

It seems my thread has reawaken a fire...

I thank you for the words, I just thought that Modern Age Board-Section needed a thread dedicated for DC and I aims to comply with the demand!

Not sure how they decide on "stickies", guess I need a man on the inside to give me the scoop, but I am sure one day the thread will have its day... maybe it will be a christmas present for me from the Santa Claus/Board Administrators?

P.S.

First cover... maybe you will be the first to scan/post the entirety of Blackest Night, because I have not seen any of the covers of the series. Or be the first with 52... hoping for Blackest Night series, :wishluck:

P.S.S.

Check out my lastest... new work !