• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

Dark Knight #10 is one of the best covers I've ever seen.

92-657254

zzz Hiyo!

Hmm... cannot see the image; anyways, I could not scan or post like I wanted to weeks ago, because I had got called-in late to work...

Anyways... been on a work-grind ever since, but hopefully I am promised Friday to Sunday to be my off-days, so I will scan and post probably on Saturday after spending Friday to scan.

Hope it goes as planned...

:preach: Hiyo!

Before I first started this thread long ago... I did journal-writings, as a rookie-Collectors Society Member, at first cataloging my adventures and detailing the loot from therein, though I did not feel completely fulfilled from just the journal-writings; I still had an empty feeling...

To me, not all things can be just explain with words and I wanted to explain my love for DC... so thus my journey started to find a method to attach some form or way visual of my books to my journal-writings. I weeped and ranted many times at night, because my life did not permit such a luxury into having my then comic-collection submitted to CGC to chronicle my collection for those to see visually in the Society's Register with attach journal-writings or notations which was a capable option. Though I tried and tried to labor hard at my then workplace for the funds to venture such an avenue, but I soon took notice to the impossibility going down that route. I almost gave-up and was even opting to no longer shame Collectors Society with my presence, but then I casually venture into the forums for the first time and I saw a great wonder.

Books upon books of Society member's books being displayed so visually bold... shared amongst the members within.

It was if my cup was refilled, rejuvenated spirit I was for my goal was within grasp, but I would be denied once more, because I did not know the secret-method to the members ability to share, display, and show their collections with one another.

For the following weeks did I labor to find such a member of the Society to take pity on me and teach me the ways of the Society so I too may display my collection I covet. Soon after did I secured a teacher and took to the lesson taught to me. After a while my teacher then readied me for the trials... labors into scanning my collection. My teacher said until to me that I was "gifted with stamina for scanning" and soon he would have to leave me for the final-part of the trials where I would need to create the tool to all of the Society has done so that I can wield the ability to display the labors of my training and collection.

I have grown so much from that time as a rookie and so has my collection, but I also must not deny that it is the Society that gives weight to my collection and the thread to which I display from... for without the Society, I and the thread itself would be nothing.

Let it be known henceforth... that this thread will know love and love itself shall protect it from the darkness that may or may not wish its demise; whether by myself standing alone or with the Society at its back... THIS THREAD WILL LIVE AND NEVER DIE!