• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

[font:Arial Black]I think Green Lantern was picked on by several of his team-mates and associates. Even Robin beat him up. [/font]

0ed1c0bc.jpg

:tonofbricks: Hiyo!

Oh man, that is a awesome issue that I never got to read... though I read the issue before where Batman thinks of him as a punk; that cover is Frank Miller awesomeness!

I wish there was a way that Frank Miller could have finish the series without that flake-Jim Lee... :pullhair:

Oh man, that is a awesome issue that I never got to read... though I read the issue before where Batman thinks of him as a punk; that cover is Frank Miller awesomeness!

I wish there was a way that Frank Miller could have finish the series without that flake-Jim Lee... :pullhair:

Have you really ready any of the series?

Frank Miller did not do the covers to 8 and 9.

The were main covers were by Jim Lee and Variants were by Neal Adams with Scott Williams inking

The were main covers were by Jim Lee and Variants were by Neal Adams with Scott Williams inking

Whoa dude... how about you release your death-grip around my neck and realize; talking about the story being of Frank Miller awesomeness about Green Lantern.

:o

Whoa dude... how about you release your death-grip around my neck and realize; talking about the story being of Frank Miller awesomeness about Green Lantern.

That I agree with you on story but you said "the cover was Frank Miller Awesomeness" so some people can take it to read as you thought Frank Miller Drew it

Also... Frank Miller stated in an interview about the inconsistent-releasing and that DC took Jim Lee from him when he done 13-15 more issues pertaining to the All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder; that series was not some mini-max, but a an on-going series-run that he was doing, but DC took Jim Lee from him and he was sitting with pages upon pages of issues yet to be inked, colored, and they weren't likely going to re-modify the contract on the series for him to just do it all or replace Jim Lee with his choice of artist to release the issues on time, but they gave him the impression to just... "Forget about it."

That I agree with you on story but you said "the cover was Frank Miller Awesomeness" so some people can take it to read as you thought Frank Miller Drew it

Again... release your death-grip and calm down; I stated I never got a chance to read that issue, but read the one before where he meets him on a roof-top. Anyways... the cover is some Frank Miller awesomeness, because he called him a puny/ in the previous issue and the cover seems to reflect that sentiment for the next issue pertaining to Green Lantern-Hal Jordan.

:o Hiyo!

Batman13Variant.jpg

:sumo: Hiyo!

O man, that ad right on the cover? That's painful!! How long have they been doing that? Is Marvel doing it too?

Yep, it doesn't look very good does it? I don't know if Marvel are doing it, but DC have been including them for a while now.