• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Price Variants

414 posts in this topic

I caught a discussion on a thread a couple of days back talking about Canadian price variants. I had no idea what these were until I went through a couple of long boxes of comics.

I used to buy most of my comics from three stores that were occupying one square block about a 5 minute walk from where I grew up. They were all competing with the Mac's Milk (one was a privately owned store, and the others was a Beckers).

After going through some boxes, I realized that both Marvel and DC printed price variants for the Canadian market. Prior to this, I thought it was only Marvel - can anyone who knows about these books confirm?

do you know if any print run data exists to compare US direct with Canadian newstand?

Not as far as I know, but I would love to see stats on that as well. I assume they printed enough copies to make it worth making separate newsstand editions for the U.S. and Canada. Still seems easier to do it the way they do now, though. (shrug)

:gossip: There are no "US Direct" copies. Direct editions were the same for all specialty shops around the world.

do you know if any print run data exists to compare US direct with Canadian newstand?

Not as far as I know, but I would love to see stats on that as well. I assume they printed enough copies to make it worth making separate newsstand editions for the U.S. and Canada. Still seems easier to do it the way they do now, though. (shrug)

:gossip: There are no "US Direct" copies. Direct editions were the same for all specialty shops around the world.

Gotcha - made the revisions to reflect the correct term. (thumbs u