• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Price Variants

414 posts in this topic

Very nice (thumbs u

Actually, I'm pretty sure the SW #1 and #8 came from a batch of books I bought from you :whistle:

Here is a copy of GI Joe 21:

GI_Joe_21_front.jpg

The joe 21 is nightmare tuff, in grade! I felt lucky to get a 6.5 CGC a couple of years ago.

Cool book!

Deleted My Joe 21 Scan Awhile ago, will rescan!

Indulge me please as I submit some canadians that will probably be of little interest to any outside of yours truly!

th_scan0009-1.jpg

th_scan0008.jpg

th_scan0007.jpg

th_scan0006.jpg

th_scan0005-2.jpg

th_scan0004-5.jpg

I like the Star line just cause they can be tuff to find!

I have a pile of Junky DC and Marvel I havent scanned in AND a Golden age Chesler I will try to get to tommorow.

Its cool so many are showing interest in the Canadians, that has got to drive JOECOLLECTOR insane!!!!

We all know he hates the term price Variant used in terms of Canadians!!!lol!!!

very cool books for sure, that someday, some completist is going to want

I would prefer to call them Canadian Editions too, because the word variant is so over used.

the litmus test for "price variant" is the cover price versus the indicia. The indicia of these books say the price on the cover, so they are not technically price variants.

back to the subject at hand, I wish there was a complete list....lists are the trigger for my OCD.

Does this interest in Canadian editions mean that I could finally unload some of my modern drek? :insane:

What cha got?

I have to check. Are there particular titles of interest?

Does this interest in Canadian editions mean that I could finally unload some of my modern drek? :insane:

What cha got?

I think GI Joe & ASM would be at the top. If you have NM or better copies of the 95cent Hulk issues...I know someone who would be interested. (thumbs u

What cha got?

I think GI Joe & ASM would be at the top. If you have NM or better copies of the 95cent Hulk issues...I know someone who would be interested. (thumbs u

Thanks for the info!

If you look at the example of the SW #1 below and compare it to #8 I attached you will notice that its crudely alligned/displayed, and the font is different as well. It kind of reminds me of the appearance of the 35 cent variants that looked like they were dropped in at the last minute because of the off-alignment/centering. Is it possible that they ran these covers a second time to drop the price in, and my memory may be off but didn't they do the same thing with the 35 cent variants?

66113.jpg

Here's another one with an odd looking font....

0elf8.jpg