• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: CGC 9.2 ASM #16 Signature Series, CGC 3.0 JIM #83 Signature Series,and more!

25 posts in this topic

A few items for sale as spending a little too much in the past few months coupled with a car accident has created a cash flow problem for me! Shipping will be $10 for CGC graded books and $3 for raw.

First up is a CGC 9.2 Signature Series ASM 16 signed by Stan Lee. Unfortunately, this is one of the books I really wanted to keep, but it probably packs the biggest punch for me in terms of fixing my situation.

This is a book with really fantastic eye appeal and white pages. It is the highest graded Signature Series of this issue so opportunities like this don't come by often. A 9.2 blue label with Off-White/White pages was just sold on CL for $2200! I'm offering you a book with better page quality and a Stan Lee signature for $2750

asm16ix4.jpg

CGC 3.0 Apparent Signature Series Journey Into Mystery 83. This is a pretty nice book except some doofus took a blue pen and filled in some of the white area in the box that says "Introducing...The Mighty Thor!" It's really a very minute amount of ink and is more like writing on the cover than color touch so I was surprised by the notation (especially on a low grade book). You can see it on the spine where the blue color is a little off.

Stan Lee signed square on the crotch of Thor, which is honestly where he really likes it.

This is a good opportunity to own a low grade book for cheap with a Stan Lee signature! Asking $1200.

jim83sshd0.jpg

CGC 3.0 Apparent Signature Series Journey Into Mystery 83. This is a pretty nice book except some doofus took a blue pen and filled in some of the white area in the box that says "Introducing...The Mighty Thor!" It's really a very minute amount of ink and is more like writing on the cover than color touch so I was surprised by the notation (especially on a low grade book). You can see it on the spine where the blue color is a little off.

Stan Lee signed square on the crotch of Thor, which is honestly where he really likes it.

This is a good opportunity to own a low grade book for cheap with a Stan Lee signature! Asking $1200.

jim83sshd0.jpg

The OO I bought it from did it. I'll tell him you said that. :baiting:

The OO I bought it from did it. I'll tell him you said that. :baiting:

Do it!! Maybe he'll want to buy it back from me! Tell him it's a great deal! :baiting:

I actually really like this book and don't mind it because I don't really see it as restoration, but circumstances demand....

Double cover Captain America #185.

I don't have my digital camera with me so I can't take a picture of the inner cover, but it's a 8.0 overall. $170

captainamerica185dh7.jpg

Double Cover Avengers #211. Inner cover 9.2, tough white cover preserved very well by outer cover.

$100

avengers211uv8.jpg

Scanning is taking a lot more work and time than I expected, so how about I list the books and prices and see if anyone is interested in a scan? By the way, please feel free to make an offer on any of these books, it can't hurt and I'm not gonna yell at you... :grin:

Double Cover Tales from the Crypt #42 (Fine) - $225

Double Cover CGC 2.5 Batman #43 - $150

Age of Apocalypse #1 - 6 plus the one-shot (7 books total) - $10 (full set)

Wanted #1 - 6 plus the one-shot Wanted: Dossier (7 books total) - $14 (full set)

Stormbreaker: The Sage of Beta Ray Bill #1 - 6 - $12 (full set)

Green Lantern Rebirth #1 - 6 (#2 is the B/W cover) - $12 (full set)

House of M #1 - 8 - $16 (full set)

Loki #1 - 4 - $8 (full set)

More on the way tomorrow....

Thought I'd squeeze these in before I head off to bed:

Complete sets

Hulk/Thing: Hard Knocks #1 - 4 - $7

Majestic #1 - 4 - $6

Sabretooth #1 - 4 - $6

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #1-8 - $14

CGC Graded Books:

CGC 5.0 All-Star Western #93 OW Pages - $25 (Great opportunity to own a Golden Age book for less than what it costs to slab it!)

CGC 5.5 Amazing Spider-Man #252 OW/W Pages - $20 (First appearance of the black costume)

CGC 9.4 Amazing Spider-Man #298 OW/W Pages - $45 (First McFarlane ASM)

CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-Man #299 White Pages - $155 (McFarlane's 2nd ASM cover, Venom cameo)

CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #300 OW/W Pages - $275 (First full appearance of Venom)

CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #320 White Pages - $25 - On hold :news:

CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #324 OW/W Pages - $25 - On hold :news:

CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #333 OW/W Pages - $25 - On hold :news:

CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #350 White Pages - $25 - On hold :news:

CGC Signature Series

CGC 9.6 Born #2 White Pages (Signed by Darick Robertson) - $35

CGC 9.8 Ultimate Spider-Man #39 White Pages (Signed by Brian Michael Bendis on the first page) - $45

CGC 9.6 New X-Men #133 White Pages (Signed by Ethan Van Sciver) - $35 (First appearance of Dust)

CGC 9.6 Elektra #11 White Pages (Signed by Greg Horn) - $35

CGC 9.4 Amazing Spider-Man 268 White Pages (Signed by Ron Frenz) - $45

A few items for sale as spending a little too much in the past few months coupled with a car accident has created a cash flow problem for me! Shipping will be $10 for CGC graded books and $3 for raw.

First up is a CGC 9.2 Signature Series ASM 16 signed by Stan Lee. Unfortunately, this is one of the books I really wanted to keep, but it probably packs the biggest punch for me in terms of fixing my situation.

This is a book with really fantastic eye appeal and white pages. It is the highest graded Signature Series of this issue so opportunities like this don't come by often. A 9.2 blue label with Off-White/White pages was just sold on CL for $2200! I'm offering you a book with better page quality and a Stan Lee signature for $2750

asm16ix4.jpg

Well centered with a great color strike.

(worship)

I'm gonna get rid of all my DC Archives as well. These are the hardcovers. I'm not going to price them individually just yet. We'll call it a flat $25 for each book, shipping is free for 2 or more of these.

A few of these are still in their shrinkwrap while one or two have some shelf wear.

Adam Strange #1

Batman #3

Challengers of the Unknown #1

Green Lantern (Silver Age) #3

Justice League #3 and #5

Legion of Super-Heroes #3 and #10

Sgt Rock #1

Starman #1

Supergirl #1

Superman #2

Superman #3 Sold! :news:

Superman in Action Comics #2

If anyone wants to just take all 14 books, I'll ship it for $300.

I'll be getting rid of some of my original art a little bit later on.

Your 16 is a great example of why i am falling out of graded comics, that is the most beautiful 16 i have seen, you got screwed, that should be a 9.4 in my opinion.

I appreciate the sentiment and I can understand where you're coming from by looking at that scan. I think CGC is pretty on base with the grade here though. As big as the scan is you can't really see the slight amount of wear on the ULC and the URC. I think that's a result of a very slight overhang on the top of the cover. Plus, the grader's notes say that Stan Lee picked his nose and left his booger on the centerfold and boogers are an automatic downgrade to 9.2. :kidaround:

Your 16 is a great example of why i am falling out of graded comics, that is the most beautiful 16 i have seen, you got screwed, that should be a 9.4 in my opinion.

Would you rather they give a 9.4 grade to a book that doesn't deserve it?

Just because you can't see something wrong with the book does not mean the book is flawless.

It's a sweet book but I am sure there is a reason that the book is not a 9.4

(shrug)

asm16ix4.jpg

Well centered with a great color strike.

(worship)

PERFECT SPINE! :cloud9: