• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My big news!

56 posts in this topic

I just had to share the news with my buddies.

I got official word today: The two books I proposed a few months ago have both been accepted for publication! Contracts are on the way, and very soon, I'm going to be spending the bulk of my time writing as I try to meet the publisher's deadline. I am one psyched lil puppy tonight. These will be my first books, and although they're not novels, it's still a dream come true for me.

-- Joanna

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Gene

Congrats to Joanna for this achievement! angel.gif

But let's face facts: It was her Crisis thread that got her the attention which lead to this marvelous achievement. And the forum members are the reason why she wrote her Crisis spoof....

So that means we're all partly responsible for Joanna's success!!

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Let's all take a bow (even you, JC)

You're welcome, Joanna. grin.gif

Rick

I got official word today: The two books I proposed a few months ago have both been accepted for publication! Contracts are on the way, and very soon, I'm going to be spending the bulk of my time writing as I try to meet the publisher's deadline. I am one psyched lil puppy tonight. These will be my first books, and although they're not novels, it's still a dream come true for me.

That's truly awesome - congratulations! acclaim.gif

-- Joanna

Congratulations that's great news, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. acclaim.gif

What genre...cookbooks? How-to guides on better carpentry? Literary fiction?

Body/mind/spirit -- if you're not familiar with it, it's a kind of self-help (that does not involve carpentry). I don't know much about the genre, but I had a contact in that part of publishing, and that's how the whole thing got started. I'm much better with fiction or comedy, but a book's a book!

-- Joanna

It's definetly a step in the right direction, and will open up the doors for you to do what you really want. Congrats! thumbsup2.gif