• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA FOR EXCITING 28

52 posts in this topic

Motor City?

Joe V. also had a low grade in SD. That's what I find interesting about this book. It's around, albeit in low grade. But where do you go if you want an Exciting #31, even a trashed copy? Or #30. The copy of Exciting #30 that Metro listed today is the first I've seen in years, and it's a fair copy with brittle pages. #28 is far from the toughest issue of Exciting.

Somewhere out there is a slabbed 9.4 of Exciting 28. Wonder who has that. hm

Its certainly their right (and Metro's too for that matter) to take this sale as the new market level and adjust accordingly. But I think I might need another actual sale at 8X guide before I commit to that much for the book. I am patient, I will wait.

As for the book itself, it might not be as rare as some of the surrounding issues, but for my money its the best cover and the one I want most from the run. :luhv:

Many will say I overpaid for this book. Nonetheless, I am thrilled about this pickup and totally comfortable with the final price I paid. I plan on holding onto this one for a very long time. I do think it is a very rare book - especially in this condition. It is the best cover in the run, IMO.

Motor City?

Joe V. also had a low grade in SD. That's what I find interesting about this book. It's around, albeit in low grade. But where do you go if you want an Exciting #31, even a trashed copy? Or #30. The copy of Exciting #30 that Metro listed today is the first I've seen in years, and it's a fair copy with brittle pages. #28 is far from the toughest issue of Exciting.

Somewhere out there is a slabbed 9.4 of Exciting 28. Wonder who has that. hm

Its certainly their right (and Metro's too for that matter) to take this sale as the new market level and adjust accordingly. But I think I might need another actual sale at 8X guide before I commit to that much for the book. I am patient, I will wait.

As for the book itself, it might not be as rare as some of the surrounding issues, but for my money its the best cover and the one I want most from the run. :luhv:

Many will say I overpaid for this book. Nonetheless, I am thrilled about this pickup and totally comfortable with the final price I paid. I plan on holding onto this one for a very long time. I do think it is a very rare book - especially in this condition. It is the best cover in the run, IMO.

I have no idea if you overpaid for the book. All I know is you have a gorgeous copy of it and I'm still looking. (thumbs u

If that's a no reserve auction, then good for them. Will be fun to see how the bidding goes.

Agreed! Wish this auction started today. Gonna have to save my pennies. I'll definitely take a shot at it, I've always wanted a Mile High, I hear they're pretty cool. :gossip:

Does anyone want to wager a guess as to what the final price of this auction will be?

8-9k?

It sold in 2003 from Heritage for $5,750. The 9.4 that is in the census (not a pedigree but has white pages) sold for $8,337.50 in 2002.

Interesting. With so much interest at $7500, I'm surprised it sat for 3 years at $9250. Or is this all newfound interest?

What would you guys fork out of the 9.4 copy?

I have a feeling that when this auction ends a bunch of people are going to regret letting it sit there at $9250. Thats a lot of money though... but in the last year and a bit, we've got two sales, a 5.0 at five times guide and a 7.0 at eight times guide. The Mile High copy has to go for at least five times guide i would think, which is $8000. I figure thats the bare minimum. Look at the multiples the Mile High Flashes went for, and Flash is some guy who runs fast, Black Terror is a savage Nazi fighting machine.

Is there even a good Flash war cover? That sissy sat the whole thing out didnt he.

As for your 9.4 question, I have no idea. I would probably rather have the Mile High anyway.

But among the general public, The Flash is far better known than The Black Terror. And, in most, if not all cases, with the Flash books you were dealing with the top graded copy, which isn't the case here.

I'm not sure I'd rather have the Church copy over the non-pedigree 9.4. The 9.4 has white pages, and the Church copy has a fairly deep dust shadow on the top of the back cover...

exc28bc.jpg

Interesting. With so much interest at $7500, I'm surprised it sat for 3 years at $9250. Or is this all newfound interest?

What would you guys fork out of the 9.4 copy?

for me, $7500 is a "realistic" price... $9250 is 20% more than I would pay...