• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic link should have bid more

85 posts in this topic

Could somebody OUTBID me on the Miracleman #15 CGC 9.8 please? It's a great book, comfortably under GPA and everything, but I've decided I'd rather spend the money on something else. lol

If I win it, fine, it's very nice. :)

EDIT: Wait, this is the Gold section doh! Let me repost that to the thread in General...

Detective 69 it went for above guide ... but this is an insanely powerful cover... and it's one I never see for sale in grade or hardly otherwise... this is a trophy book. I should have gone all out on this ... congrats to some bidder for hammerin down on this one... so sweet.

Detective 71 ... wow ... under 5 k for one of the all time great Batman covers ... a steal. I should have bid higher ...I know the price seemed high but again relative to the prices on some of the silver age and bronze age stuff ... go figger ... when the market wakes up again to what is truely rare ... right now is a great time to buy golden age ... with people paying 3k for Green Lantern 76.... great book and all but come on ...

I used to own both of these books. They are the only 2 comics I can say I truly miss. Also my CGC 6.5 Tec 168 was a favorite (but had a crayon mark) but the 8.5. quality comix recently sold was a bargain. I had a 62 not this one though think it was a CGC 7.0 although I didn't care for that cover. For me it was 69 and 71. If anyone knows who bought the 71 I have the Twilight Certificate that I forgot I had tucked away into a Dark Knight Archive. The 69 is structurally weaker but the 71 has tanning issues along the edge. My prediction was that if you want to have a legit shot at these 2 you would have to put in a bid over 5K, looks like that's how it turned out.

tec69.jpg

This is the 71 before I had it slabbed.

detec71fc.jpg

Yes but if some unscrupulous person wanted to try they could send another copy into CGC and say it's the Twilight copy and, hope they don't ask anything more. Although I don't think that particular pedigree adds a premium. It's far from being Mile High.

For me it was 69 and 71.

(thumbs u

For me, the best Joker covers are:

1) Tec 69

2) Bat 11

3) everything else

Those two issues are just head and shoulders above the rest... quintessential Joker.

And that must be one helluva piece of art.

For me it was 69 and 71.

(thumbs u

For me, the best Joker covers are:

1) Tec 69

2) Bat 11

3) everything else

Those two issues are just head and shoulders above the rest... quintessential Joker.

And that must be one helluva piece of art.

I mostly stayed with Detectives. Sad story though I came very close to buying a Batman 11 but chased a Detective 40 instead. The Detective 40 wound up falling through thanks to ebay's y customer service when my account was hijacked, and the Batman 11 I was going to bid on sold only to become the infamous trimmed Blue Label book. The art I bought was the page 1 Splash to Silever Surfer 17 by John Buscema. Unfortunately I didn't have it very long as I decided to stop fooling around and ditch my clunker vehicle and use the money as a down payment for a brand new car in college. That incidentally was the only piece of art from my first collection of art I miss. But having a reliable car at college made a huge difference.