• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BellCon 2008 - Bellingham, WA Sept 27th

16 posts in this topic

For all you western Washingtonians here's something I just came across today. On September 27th, BellCon 2008 will be held in Bellingham, WA at Whatcom Community College (237 West Kellogg Road) between 10am - 5 pm. From what I've read, last year's first BellCon attracted more than 1700 people to the one day event.

Special guests include:

Clayton Crain – artist; "Ghost Rider" and "Spider-Man"

Darren Davis – writer/creator – "The 10th Muse"

Chad Hedler – writer; "Bartholomew of the Scissors and "Vincent Price Presents"

Jason Schultz – writer; "Missile to the Moon"

Tom Peyer – writer; DC Comics "The Flash"

Daniel Crosier – writer "Bartholomew of the Scissors"

Brandon Jerwa – writer; GI Joe and Battlestar Galactica

Jason Metcalf – artist; "Wrath of the Titans"

Ben Hansen - artist: Dependants

Levi - inker on Dependants

Carnell – writer; Fangoria

Michel Gange – artist/writer; "Zed" and "The Saga of Rex"

Go here for more info: http://www.myspace.com/bellcon2007

If you're interested in booth space, contact jason@bluewatercomics.com

Here's the flyer:

Bellcon2008.jpg

Wow, are we the only two guys that are going to go from the boards?! I would have thought that there would be more enthusiasm seeing that besides Emerald city, there isn't really a good con in the area for a few hundred miles.

My 1st visit to Bell Comicon and I loved it. Really well cross-promoted in the city w/ community support from local rock bands and the fire station. I expect them to have over 1,500 ppl by the end of the Saturday.

The border wait from Canada down to USA at 7:15 a.m was a long 1 hr 15 mins. Good thing I took the truck crossing which is a short cut at "only" 45 mins. to get into WA state.

Some of Borock's buddies from Seattle were selling at Bell Con: Stv Sibra (ex-Rocket Comics), his spouse Stacey, David (not Melvin). Some of the interior lighting was a little dark for some of the vendor's booths though. 1 dealer was selling a long box of sci-fi hardcover Book Club editions for a measly $10. I bought some low grade Barks WDCS under #100 for reading pleasure. :applause:

Below is a short slideshow of Bellingham Con and their downtown plus my return drive to Vancouver, BC with Sunday Sept. 28/08 pics from our annual cross Canada Word on the Street Festival. Was lucky enough to meet David Boswell (World's toughest Milkman comix). Did not have time to re-meet the humorous :headbang: Peter Bagge (HATE, Buddy Bradley comix) from Seattle, WA, as I was hungry for lunch and was trying to catch a ride on a hot air balloon! Great weekend. :banana:

th_0b2dbba9.jpg

Thanks for the report... And the pics.. I ended up spending too much time at the Toy Show, and then went antique shopping in Lynden too long and missed out. There were some comics at the Toy Show, but not too many.

Glad to see that you made it Comics Place.. Can you believe that you were THAT close last year and missed it? What did you think of it?

So where did you end up eating?? :) Izzy's?

Dizney,

I liked the friendly staff at the Comics Place and their discount Legion SH action figures which I did not see when they were 1st released a couple of years ago.

The model kit shop did not have anything of particular interest for my posse of collectors.

Izzy's was turned into a risque his/hers lingerie shop, so we had lunch at Olive Garden which is a chain restaurant in Canada too but in the remote suburban areas.

Went to Big Lots (not available in Canada) :blahblah: and was surprised that they undercut Wal-mart on certain car supplies, etc.