• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wish me luck on a new collection

22 posts in this topic

Received a call on a collection of 20-25 long boxes of late 70's and 80's comics. I'm expecting very little but if it hasn't been picked through it could be quality. OO mentioned that he bought multiples of issues like X-men Spiderman and FF and kept them unread. He bagged them :grin: but didn't board them :cry:

Also mentioned lots of Legion :sick: and really emphasized that he had all the limited series, especially X-men related. :insane:

Anyway, wish me luck, I'll be flipping the bulk of them on the boards if I get them.

Ed

During the 80's Legion was like the Micronauts. Decent enough reads I suppose but every dang collection has them and they are impossible to sell.

Typical 80's collection with both DC and Marvel always has

Marvel

Alpha Flight

New Mutants

X-Factor

FF 286

X-men

Web of Spiderman

Peter Parker

Amazing SM

Team up

Various Limited Series (Kitty & Wolverine, Secret Wars I and II lead the pack as does X-men vs Avengers and FF)

New Marvel Universe titles - Herc etc.

DC

All those crappy #1 issues Atari, Night Force, Firestorm, Blue Devil, Superman by Byrne, Booster Gold, Watchdog etc

Teen Titans

Teen Titans Spotlight

Legion of Superheroes

Omega

Swamp Thing

Superboy

Legion of SH

Anniversary issues (Batman 400, Tec 500, Action 500,

Hex, V (and not for Vendetta either)

Camelot 3000

Watchmen (we can only hope - but they're pretty common)

Huzzah!!

Got these tonight and it looks about as expected. Quite a few boxes of 80's fillers but the multiples were there. 3 copies of ASM 238 and others. Plus 2 30 cent X-men variants that was a bonus.

Anyone need any Amethyst?

PictAA132.jpg

Huzzah!!

Got these tonight and it looks about as expected. Quite a few boxes of 80's fillers but the multiples were there. 3 copies of ASM 238 and others. Plus 2 30 cent X-men variants that was a bonus.

PictAA132.jpg

All collections are fun Ed :)

Huzzah!!

PictAA132.jpg

What is that on top of the long box? An Avengers poster?

Huzzah!!

PictAA132.jpg

No Amethyst needed here, but is that some sweet Marvel New Universe I see? :whistle:

No Amethyst needed here, but is that some sweet Marvel New Universe I see? :whistle:

Oh yes, a hundred or so New Universe issues. Also came across the "Generic Comic" jeez, where was management to squash ideas like that.

That's the General Mills logo on that one manila envelope. I wonder what that is.

That's from a different collection but I had to move them. They are unopened "Wheaties Wings' from 1944 used as a promo. If you google it, you'll see these are used for paper airplane contests and are considered the greatest paper airplanes of all time.