• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to buy mylars/mylites?

53 posts in this topic

Hello,

First time/long time. Just wondering if anyone had any good reccomendations of where to buy mylites online? I need a few thousand current and regular, and acid free boards as well as I want to start switching my whole collection over.

I've looked around at a few sites and am not sure where to turn. I did place a test order with comicsupply after reading about some issues people had with them in the past, but the order hasn't gone very smoothly and unless it's taken care of fast I don't think I'll be using them again.

Also any suggestions of stores in Southern California where I can pick them up would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Steve

Steve this question was recently asked and there were a lot of answers. I use Hotflips. They are board members here, travel to cons and do mail order.

Great bunch of guys that sat with us in Chicago for dinner.

R.

Thanks for the tip on hotflips. Looks good. Does anyone know, or if the people from hotflips are around, if they ever carry the 675 Half Backs? I'll shoot them an e-mail as well.

Thanks again.

:hi: there. We do carry them. ill have to check the inventory when i get back to the warehouse tomorrow. I know we are getting in a huge order at the end of the month too. PM me with what you need, along with a zip code and ill let you know if we have it in stock, and give you a shipping quote.

Thanks everyone for the support. We really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

I've been using Gerber since Comicsupply flamed out.

http://www.egerber.com/

They have a huge selection, and as far as I know the only place that regularly has mylites, which I like for my low end books. They also have good discounts for a thousand or more.

You can't order online, but they'll take your order over the phone pretty quickly. And they ship pretty fast.

But if someone can beat their prices I'd like to know about it!

Oh.....so you're a regular here....thats cool. I don't suppose Bill Cole ever posts here eh? I may have to switch companies.....as long as the product is the same......

Is it? I like the 4 mil comic guards for golden age and super golden age.....

Guess I should just go look at your site when I order next......

Oh.....so you're a regular here....thats cool. I don't suppose Bill Cole ever posts here eh? I may have to switch companies.....as long as the product is the same......

Much better prices, good quality supplies.

Much better prices, good quality supplies.

And Jeff and Charles are good people :headbang:

Rather than starting a completely seperate thread - anyone know where I can get treasury-sized comic bags and boards? Polys or Mylar/Mylite - doesn't matter. As long as I can fit treasury sized and the boards are acid-free. Thanks (thumbs u

Rather than starting a completely seperate thread - anyone know where I can get treasury-sized comic bags and boards? Polys or Mylar/Mylite - doesn't matter. As long as I can fit treasury sized and the boards are acid-free. Thanks (thumbs u

I actually had some manufactured some years ago. (I had some comic bags made up for all the sizes.)

(I have relatives in the plastics industry... and they followed the specs on the Fun Yet bags.)

So I'm sitting on thousands of treasury sized bags... :grin: The boards I picked up through a local supplier. No one usually needs 100 bags/boards though.

(I use them to package up bundles of comics.)

I actually had some manufactured some years ago. (I had some comic bags made up for all the sizes.)

(I have relatives in the plastics industry... and they followed the specs on the Fun Yet bags.)

So I'm sitting on thousands of treasury sized bags... :grin: The boards I picked up through a local supplier. No one usually needs 100 bags/boards though.

(I use them to package up bundles of comics.)

It pays to have connections