• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long do you wait for a response before you get worried?

60 posts in this topic

Here's the scenario:

A board member and I agreed to a deal on a comic. On average, the other boardee responded to my messages within 1 day...2 days tops. I made the payment (over $500) 5 days ago, and still haven't received a response back. I normally get responses back from other boardees on the same day, and usually do my best to respond to other boardees ASAP (ie same day). This is an 'established' board member (been here for awhile)....but still....I'm beginning to become worried. :eek:

So....how long do you wait for a response before you get worried?

How long before you take action? (alert paypal) (shrug)

Certainly there are extenuating circumstances from time to time, but what are your general rules?

Even 5 days is a lot with a pending transaction but worse has happened here on the boards and it ends up being that someone just got stuck somehow.

Is it a regular boardie...maybe someone has some contact info for him/her?

R.

There was a hurricane. :shrug:

Right...and other board members have been on vacay, sick, tired, drunk on a bender or whatever else happens out there.

:whistle:

Just saying.

Could be a weekend warrior....too busy with the grind to post during the week, or he could have already shipped the book. You're probably fine. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs

Who is it? Some members might know what his situation is.

Easy killer...no need for a witch hunt when there's still time to iron out the wrinkles. ;)

Phi, as others have mentioned, while it's definitely a little disconcerting to wait when that amount is on the line, I typically give it about 2 business weeks before I start getting worked up. At that point, I'd simply suggest a "Paging Board Member X" thread here in the general forum with the intent of getting some additional contact info for them from another member. This way, you're jumping the gun and calling them out--simply trying to find another means to contact them. Usually within this time frame, the other person will have gotten in touch with you, and if not, you should be able to give them a call, email, etc. I've tried this in the past, and it's worked well without any of the f-ing drama that happens here all too often.

If, however, at this point you are still hearing nothing from the person, then I'd consider contact paypal. But if it's an established member, you shouldn't hit this point.

Best of luck! (thumbs u