• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im surprised this hasnt been posted yet, but...

32 posts in this topic

If they tag the Lizard as the next villain and ONLY the lizard ,it will be great.Spiderman 3 really let me down ,as much as I wanted to enjoy it,I couldn't.

And I think Mcfarlane is dead on as a solo Venom movie would be dull.What's the premise?Venom is back and what does he do?Without Spidey there is no Venom!They should really just tank that project.

The problem is that Hollywood took over and added Venom.

Batman rocked and I'm sure Marvel will come out all guns blazing...which means that they will be focused...I'm looking for something along the lines of #1 or #2.

I'd be willing to put money on the Lizard and a close runner up on Man-Wolf as those two supporting characters have put in their dues.

R.

they should stop the series now before they ruin it.

Too late - have you seen Spider-man 3? :sick:

I was hoping they'd get rid of Raimi, as the first two SM movies were written by serious award-winning pros, then Sam and his retarded brother take over for part 3 and.... doh!

Bad news.

I wouldn't blame #3 all on Raimi, he wanted to just do the Sandman, It was Avi Arad that demanded Venom be shoehorned in there.

Come on, that's just the BS "blame game" that gets tossed out whenever a movie sucks. There is NO WAY that Sam Raimi was forced to do anything, as he wrote the movie and had final cut over everything. Avi may have suggested it, but it's impossible for him to *force* Raimi to do anything, short of firing him, paying him millions, and getting someone else to write and direct.

It was Raimi's idea to have Parker do his Saturday Night Fever walk, turn him Emo, and have him do a bizarre jazz dance scene, or is he now blaming Avi for that too? lol

Plus, the Sandman was the worst part of the movie. I can't even imagine how badly SM3 would have sucked with 2 hours of him whining about his sick kid, and Raimi retconning him into killing not only Uncle Ben, but JFK, MLK, Lincoln, etc.

It's no coincidence that Raimi is NOT writing SM4 or 5.

The movie I want to see would have Conners mutate into a vicious Lizard man, terrorizing the subways of New York. JJJ hires Kravinov to hunt down the Lizard with Xtreme gadgetry and jungle potion strength ( a human Predator ), forcing Spidey to intervene ( Conners is his pal ) and inadvertantly turning public opinion against him. Short and Sweet action paked Drama / Slugfest. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Come on, that's just the BS "blame game" that gets tossed out whenever a movie sucks. There is NO WAY that Sam Raimi was forced to do anything, as he wrote the movie and had final cut over everything. Avi may have suggested it, but it's impossible for him to *force* Raimi to do anything, short of firing him, paying him millions, and getting someone else to write and direct.

It was Raimi's idea to have Parker do his Saturday Night Fever walk, turn him Emo, and have him do a bizarre jazz dance scene, or is he now blaming Avi for that too? lol

Plus, the Sandman was the worst part of the movie. I can't even imagine how badly SM3 would have sucked with 2 hours of him whining about his sick kid, and Raimi retconning him into killing not only Uncle Ben, but JFK, MLK, Lincoln, etc.

I agree with everything in this post. Incredible. That dance scene/emo Parker ruined the entire movie. No matter how good the rest was, that aspect of the movie made its ceiling a B- movie.

I agree with everything in this post. Incredible. That dance scene/emo Parker ruined the entire movie. No matter how good the rest was, that aspect of the movie made its ceiling a B- movie.

I honestly didn't mind the dance scene as it rolled into the plot aspect of the symbiote driven personality changes.

What drives me nuts is the need to link every event. Along with the Sandman/Ben unnecessary connection, the symbiote just happens to land on earth by Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy just happens to be the person falling from the building, and just happens to be dating Eddie, MJ just happens to be with John Jameson..... and on and on.

Having the writers of SM 1 and 2 return would be a good thing.